Print Thread
#31584 23/06/03 03:44 AM
T
Thray Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
In many of my larger scripts that use files, I like to have seperate directories to keep things neat. To keep my life simple, I then make identifiers such as $rddat() which will, for example, read a file from my $mircdir\data directory. Similiar, a writedat alias.
There is one problem with using this method, however. When debugging, mIRC will give an error such as "$readini too few parameters" or whatever (Too lazy to create the error right now) and give the line where the identifier is, not the call to said identifier. So... I dunno how it would intelligently figure out whether the problem comes from something calling the identifier or if it is a problem with the identifier.. but maybe a way to find out what line or even what file made the call to said identifier?

-------------
I am the self-appointed God of needlessly complex mIRCscript.
#31585 23/06/03 04:06 AM
T
Thray Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
T
Wait, wait, disregard this entirely. If you'd like, reply to this calling me an idiot.
I read the topic directly below this one on the list already.. it just didn't click in my head that what he wanted and what I was thinking of were the same thing.

-------------
I am the self-appointed God of needlessly complex mIRCscript.
#31586 23/06/03 04:10 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Yeah, that's exaclty why i said that feature would be good to have. However, it's been kind of shot down already.

Last edited by saxon; 23/06/03 04:11 AM.
#31587 24/06/03 01:37 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I wouldn't say it has been shot down. This suggestion / request has been made several times, and I think it's only a matter of time before Khaled adds it. If you want more exposure though, post it in the Feature Suggestions forum. wink

Alias Callstack Access... Again.
Retrieve name of the alias
command that called an alias..?
hmm... question, is there an identifier that...?
mIRC Debugging

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard