mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
lcf Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
L
This is my first post and straight to the point is i noticed the attention been put on the fund raising of the war..now..could it be that the attention of updating of future version is been put on the shelf or forgotten? If i do voice out the wrong signal then i ask for pardon on my subject but seriously..isnt it time the author himself put his mind on mirc rather than on world affairs which afterall isnt the main purpose of mirc is for sake of mirc rather than *politics n etc??

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
What Khaled chooses to "put his mind on" is Khaleds business, not yours.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What a bloody hide you have. I also had links to the Red Cross on my site for a while, for two reasons:

1. 12th October bombings of Bali Appeal
2. Iraq Appeal

I fail to see how adding a link and/or donating money has anything to do with the upcoming version (if any) of mIRC. Maybe Khaled was taking a break from coding, if so I don't blame him, we can't sit in front of a computer all day. The donation of the $24,000 is quite admirable, lets see you donate a month's wages to a worthy cause.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
... and here I thought mIRC's main purpose was to meddle in world affairs :tongue:

Development is ongoing of course, and hopefully a new version will be out some time soon.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIWA

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Hmm have you been drinking??? Giving hints when the next version will be out? Thats just not like you!

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
he was caught in a weakened state since alot of ppl have changed thier sigs to obscenities ...... hmmmmm wonder if this is a developing trend here?

D3m0nnet.com
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Were you joking when you said months? Of course you won't answer this question obviously.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I think it is very admirable to post links on any webpage that involves donating money and other things that will be useful in helping people who need it. The use of mIRC involves everyone from all over the globe and unites them on various servers so they can have a means of chatting and meeting new people. So why not take part in something with a much greater cause by linking to various charities and placing a donation.

Have you ever seen those "coffee cans" marked for donations at any local convenience store or any other place of business in your community to either make a donation to a family in need for medical care, or to help families get on their feet after a disaster such as a fire? This is the same concept just on a smaller scale. I applaud the fact that mIRC took part in a world wide effort to help others in need.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
i think he means in the next couple months so it could be anytime now ....... geez and i sure hope its soon

D3m0nnet.com
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Seeing as Khaled already pointed out in other posts on the forum that he has certain things on his "to do" list, I don't think it's been forgotten about.

What's more, there have been fund raising appeals in the past, before version 6.03 came out, and seeing as there have been new versions since the first fund raising event was arranged, I think it's safe to say there will be newer versions. Infact, after the Afghan Refugee Crisis Appeal, versions 6.0/.01/.02/.03 were released.

On another note, I don't see what this obsession is with finding out if a new version will be coming out soon. If you think about it more, then it will seem to take a lot longer. What's more, at present, I do not feel the need for a new version. There are couple of tiny, minor things I would personally want changed/added to mIRC, but nothing major. The only real reason I see for releasing a new version is when the next lame h4x0r kiddie comes along and finds an exploit in it to try and make someone's life a misery for their own strange choice of entertainment smile

Oh yes, and as IRC is all about meeting people from around the world and being a part of a community, I think it's very appropriate (not to mention generous) of Khaled to donate these rather large quantities of money to various charities now and again.

Happy chatting.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
*Sights the white whale*
Khaled post! Just off the stern!

Link Copied to Clipboard