Print Thread
#271124 10/12/22 04:48 PM
M
Mythos Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
Up until a few mIRC updates ago, whenever I sent a private message on IRCCloud, mIRC was not displaying the message sent. That has seemingly been fixed, which is great. I know what I'm saying to people in private messages now.

Unfortunately, when I send a private message on mIRC, I do not see my message at all on the actual IRCCloud app. I know this might not be a specific mIRC bug, and I am not sure which side the issue is on, but I have tested other IRC clients and this issue is not occuring with them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Mythos; 10/12/22 04:51 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. If you type "/debug @debug" in the status window, this will enable debugging to the @debug window. If you do that, what does it show when you send a message?

M
Mythos Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
M
I think I cracked the code. I did the debug on two servers, one where it was working, and one where it was not.

On the server it failed to display on, my mIRC Client was using CPRIVMSG. (Esper.net)
On the server it worked on, it used PRIVMSG. (IRCCloud's own server)

I rolled back to mIRC 7.52, before CPRIVMSG was given support, and my IRCCloud is picking up my private messages now on Esper.

I'm not sure specifically which one the fault lies with in this, but I figured out the issue.

I de-opped myself using 7.72 and messaged someone and my messages are showing on irccloud once more.

For me, just being able to turn off cnotice/cprivmsg would be my personal choice to lazily fix the problem.

Last edited by Mythos; 12/12/22 05:46 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Right. So this does not look like a bug.

mIRC is using CPRIVMSG because the EsperNet IRC server says that it supports CPRIVMSG.

If it is not working with your bouncer, this means that the bouncer itself does not support CPRIVMSG and needs to be updated to handle it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
For benefit of future searchers for this problem, the work-around is mentioned in
https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/268329/re-query-issues-with-bnc#Post268329

... though the mircscripts.net in the url needs to be edited to mircscripts.info

Raccoon's script works by intercepting the 005 message received from the server and pruning out the keywords not supported. For this situation, both CPRIVMSG and CNOTICE needs to remain in the script, but the NAMESX and WHOX might be taken out.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It would be pretty nice if mIRC had an option to disable/enable certain IRC extensions and troublesome features manually, before/after connect, via GUI or /command. This would save me a lot of On PARSELINE scripts for users in these sorts of situations where third party software and servers are at fault for half-ass implementations.

Simple proxies perform raw pass-thru, agnostic of the implications and expectations placed upon it. Like CPRIVMSG and CNOTICE.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard