mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
The channel/window editbox displays control characters to allow the user to type them in to create color and bold formatting of their text. There is no way for the user to preview their success in this endeavor.

I propose a hybrid editbox that can switch between displaying control codes, and displaying fully colorized and formatted text.

When the user types, the editbox will revert to the current ability of seeing control codes to edit formatting.

When the user wiggles their mouse, the editbox will switch to a fully rendered formatting view to show what the formatted text looks like.

We can also add some keyboard keys, such as the arrow keys, that will make the editbox switch to rendered view.

When they begin typing text, it will switch back to editing view.

Give /editbox a flag to indicate which view should be set to.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
An additional thought. Typing CTRL+B/U/R/K/I could place the editbox into Editor mode, while typing CTRL alone would return the editbox back to Render mode.

Pressing CTRL alone has no other behaviors to conflict with.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Ok for toggling it with control and enabling it with control code, I don't want it to toggle if i put my mouse in the editbox unless that can be disabled.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I was thinking that wiggling the mouse should transform it from Editing mode to Rendered mode, because obviously the user is done typing. It would be a convenient way for lay users to discover the rendered transformation.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I don't necessairly move my mouse at all when typing text, and toggling things with mouse movement only, without even clicking at some point, is a bit crazy

Last edited by Wims; 22/03/22 04:45 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard