mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#268505 28/02/21 08:22 PM
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I would like a command that will launch a script defined Popup Menu, in the same manner that Right-click does on a target window.

This will allow me to create complex Popup Menus that launch new Popup Menus (by command) when one of the Popup Menus are clicked.

The reasons for doing this include creating Popup Menus that are CPU intense for displaying data gathered from recursive looping of users and channels, that would otherwise bog down the display of your Nicklist or Channel popup menus.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Are you essentially asking for the evaluation of a $submenu to be delayed until accessed? A /command seems like a different feature, or I guess an alternative implementation of the same feature.

Last edited by Loki12583; 01/03/21 11:23 PM.
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Loki: The Win32 menu subsystem does not permit for dynamic menu creation / modification while the menu is being shown. So it would be impossible for a $submenu to be "delayed until it is accessed" without first closing and destroying the menu that's up on the screen, and then popping up a new menu again from scratch. Which is what I am asking for with a /ShowMenu <MenuName> command. You can create a popup window with a list of menu items that, themselves, spawn a new and dynamically created menu on demand. And sometimes it can take 2 to 5 full seconds to generate the list / tree data you wish to be shown, making it inappropriate to generate (each and every time) for normal Nicklist or Channel popup menus.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard