mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#267852 09/10/20 08:13 PM
TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
In the latest beta version 7.63.956 when we are typing accented words, mIRC fails to accent words. I still thought it was a problem with the keyboard but I tested it in Microsoft Word and it works fine without fail, but in clean mIRC without scripts, mIRC fails to accent.

I leave an image with the example.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't understand what this is supposed to show. Do you mean that pressing the same key - sometimes it uses the accented character and other times the same keypress gives the normal 'e'?

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Originally Posted by maroon
I don't understand what this is supposed to show. Do you mean that pressing the same key - sometimes it uses the accented character and other times the same keypress gives the normal 'e'?

Yes that's right. When I press to accent it displays the normal "e" without an accent.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
What happens in notepad? Word is completely different

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Originally Posted by Loki12583
What happens in notepad? Word is completely different

Tested on notepad:

Have you tried to download the available Beta version and try it out? You soon realized the problem!

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Please tell me what code number you use for the symbol?

To find out, enter the command, where in brackets will be your symbol (letter):
Code
//echo -s $asc(é)

🌐 http://forum.epicnet.ru 📜 irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce this yet. Here are the steps I am following:

1) Run mIRC
2) In the status Windows, press the AltGr key (the right Alt key), and then press the letter "e".

If I hold down the letter "e", it generates an accented "é" repeatedly.
If I let go of the letter "e", and then press it again, it generates an "é" again.
If I let go of both the letter "e" and the AltGr key, and then press them again, it generates an "é".

Which language Windows/keyboard are you using?

If you restart your computer, does the problem go away?

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Originally Posted by Khaled
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce this yet. Here are the steps I am following:

1) Run mIRC
2) In the status Windows, press the AltGr key (the right Alt key), and then press the letter "e".

If I hold down the letter "e", it generates an accented "é" repeatedly.
If I let go of the letter "e", and then press it again, it generates an "é" again.
If I let go of both the letter "e" and the AltGr key, and then press them again, it generates an "é".

Which language Windows/keyboard are you using?

If you restart your computer, does the problem go away?

That is not how I accentuate words, nor is it repeatedly that I intend. I press the accent key and the "e" key simultaneously, several times, however in the mIRC editbox it doesn't always accentuate the words. The same happens with the accent "~" in the letter "a".

The language for Windows 10 Pro 2004 (19041.546) is English. The keyboard is a Razer Huntsman PT Black.

This only happens in mIRC and Windows or any other program does not appear.

I detected this problem, because when I am writing text, I noticed that when I accentuated certain words the accent was not on the letters and when I went to test on the mIRC letter by letter I realized that the mIRC sometimes fails to accentuate the letters.

Last edited by TECO; 10/10/20 09:33 AM.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
Isn't accentuation a sticky key? Like, hit the accent first, and then the key to accentuate? For example I hit ´ followed by e to produce é (or ´ (space) e to not accentuate when i want the accent as ´e instead).
Pressing them at the same time feels like it would fail depending on your (or your keyboards, or your OS') timing (and I actually just tried this here: éééeéééééé´´eééééééééééééé´´eée´- most of the time it works, but often I get it backwards or not at all)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I press the accent key and the "e" key simultaneously, several times, however in the mIRC editbox it doesn't always accentuate the words. The same happens with the accent "~" in the letter "a".

When you say you press the accent key, which key is that? Is it a combination of keys?

The language for Windows 10 Pro 2004 (19041.546) is English. The keyboard is a Razer Huntsman PT Black.

I was not able to find a "Razer Huntsman PT Black" online. I was able to find a "Razer Huntsman Black". Does PT mean its Portuguese?

Is your keyboard set to use the Portuguese language?

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
When you say you press the accent key, which key is that? Is it a combination of keys?

I was not able to find a "Razer Huntsman PT Black" online. I was able to find a "Razer Huntsman Black". Does PT mean its Portuguese?

Yes, PT means Portuguese (Portugal)

Is your keyboard set to use the Portuguese language?

Yes. Portuguese (Portugal)

Last edited by TECO; 10/10/20 12:52 PM.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
I went to test the beta version 7.63.416 and in this beta version it worked without accentuation problems.

The following beta versions are no longer backed up here.

Here I show a short video of how I can reproduce the accentuation problem. First I press the accent key and then the "E" key ... This repeatedly and this is where mIRC fails a few times.
Vídeo: Test

Test result:

Last edited by TECO; 10/10/20 02:23 PM.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I use a french azerty keyboard, so the letter é has its own key. However the keyboard has plenty of 'dead' key to do accent, from ~ (which requires alt + control or altgr to do) + letter or ^/¨ (which has its own key with both ¨ and ^) + letter or ` (requires alt + control or altgr) + letter.

Everything is working fine for me on win7 pro 64 bits,

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Isn't accentuation a sticky key? Like, hit the accent first, and then the key to accentuate? For example I hit ´ followed by e to produce é (or ´ (space) e to not accentuate when i want the accent as ´e instead).
Pressing them at the same time feels like it would fail depending on your (or your keyboards, or your OS') timing (and I actually just tried this here: éééeéééééé´´eééééééééééééé´´eée´- most of the time it works, but often I get it backwards or not at all)

That's how it works here. If I hit the keys simultaneously, it is pretty much random whether I get an accented or non-accented letter whether in Word, notepad, mIRC, etc.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Here I show a short video of how I can reproduce the accentuation problem. First I press the accent key and then the "E" key ... This repeatedly and this is where mIRC fails a few times.

I installed a portuguese keyboard layout to test this out and it is working fine for me here on Windows 10 in the latest beta.

I press the sticky accent key first, let go of the key, and then I press the letter e. It never fails to produce an accented letter. If I press the keys simultaneously, it is pretty much random whether an accented or non-accented key appears, but this applies to all the applications I have tried.

If you restart your computer and test again, is the issue still present? I mention this because quite a few people have had issues with the AltGr Key in Windows 10.

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
I installed a portuguese keyboard layout to test this out and it is working fine for me here on Windows 10 in the latest beta.

I press the sticky accent key first and then I press the letter e. It never fails to produce an accented letter. If I press the keys simultaneously, it is pretty much random whether an accented or non-accented key appears, but this applies to all the applications I have tried.

If you restart your computer and test again, is the issue still present? I mention this because quite a few people have had issues with the AltGr Key in Windows 10.

Well I write very fast and I just noticed this problem, in this latest beta version 7.63.956 because words like "não = no" or "possível = possible" the accents failed and I went back to erase and put it again, and then that was when I went to test to repeat the key sequence quickly (accent key followed by the letter key) several times to see if something was wrong, that's when I noticed that in mIRC I didn't always put the accent in the letters "é", "í "or" ã "and then I went to test in the notepad, in Microsoft Word, Corel Draw, Photoshop and noticed that only in mIRC did the accents fail.

So as I say, you can only notice this flaw that is repeated several times in the sequence (accent key followed by the letter key), because if it is slow, it works well, but for those who write fast, sometimes it fails. But as I say, I am only noticing this small flaw in the last beta.

In beta version 7.63.416 I tested it and I don't notice any accentuation failure even though repeating the sequence quickly.

I already restarted the PC and everything remains the same, it did not solve the problem.

Last edited by TECO; 10/10/20 09:42 PM.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In beta version 7.63.416 I tested it and I don't notice any accentuation failure even though repeating the sequence quickly.

As this issue appears for you in the latest beta, the most likely reason is the change to allowing on KEYDOWN in all windows.

Can you try this in beta 7.63.416:

1. Create a custom @window with an editbox: /window -e @test
2. Type your accented key in the @test window. Do you see the issue?
3. Now type your accented key in the status window. Do you see the issue?

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
As this issue appears for you in the latest beta, the most likely reason is the change to allowing on KEYDOWN in all windows.

Can you try this in beta 7.63.416:

1. Create a custom @window with an editbox: /window -e @test
2. Type your accented key in the @test window. Do you see the issue?
3. Now type your accented key in the status window. Do you see the issue?

In the custom window the accentuation failed in the first letter that I added accentuation. Then I went to the status window and the accent did not fail.
This test I did in the last beta version.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In the custom window the accentuation failed in the first letter that I added accentuation. Then I went to the status window and the accent did not fail.
This test I did in the last beta version.

When you say "it failed in the first letter":

Do you mean that you tried to type -quickly- and it failed?

If you type -slowly-, pressing the sticky key first, and then the letter, does it work in the custom @window?

So far, it sounds like the issue is due entirely to the speed that you press the keys?

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
[quote]When you say "it failed in the first letter":

Do you mean that you tried to type -quickly- and it failed?

If you type -slowly-, pressing the sticky key first, and then the letter, does it work in the custom @window?

So far, it sounds like the issue is due entirely to the speed that you press the keys?

No, I typed slowly in both the custom window and the Status window.

As I said, it was only in this latest beta that I detected this problem. I have tested it in several ways, quickly or slowly, accentuation failures happen. Both in Status, Channels and Queries.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard