mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#262929 20/04/18 07:31 AM
A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
I don´t know if this suggestion already exists or not and not sure how to explain it.

But if you have multiple channels open in your mIRC and have all your networks in the treebar closed it will automatically open the current network if you focus on anything in it.

Is it current anyway to disable this or maybe it possible to script it or i ask for it as a feature as it not sure you like to see everything just cuz you focus on something on the current network?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the request.

Can you try rephrasing it another way?

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Raccoon #262936 21/04/18 09:41 AM
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
He is talking about the root item in the treebar auto expanding in some cases when the item is collapsed.
There's no way to halt the handling of the treebar in these situation however, the question is, in which case does the item in the treebar auto expand when it's collapsed?

@OP: what do you mean by "if you focus on anything in it."?

Last edited by Wims; 21/04/18 09:42 AM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Wims #262938 22/04/18 08:24 AM
A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Originally Posted By: Wims
He is talking about the root item in the treebar auto expanding in some cases when the item is collapsed.
There's no way to halt the handling of the treebar in these situation however, the question is, in which case does the item in the treebar auto expand when it's collapsed?

@OP: what do you mean by "if you focus on anything in it."?

Thank you for sort my bad english out, lets say your are on EFnet/ChatSpike/QuakeNET/freenode and you have 20 channels for every network you are in.

You have 4 windows from eatch network open so you only see one channel per network.

All the networks channels are collapsed as i don´t have to see them, but if i click on the window for the channel "freenode" as an example it will out expand every channel for "freenode" and i can´t really don´t understand why it works this way

Maybe this short video clear out the things more, https://youtu.be/uafAMkyBQJM

Last edited by antonstarlid; 22/04/18 08:44 AM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Video definitely helped wink

I agree that if you allow for collapsing, then it should stay that way until you decide otherwise (although there might be some tricky situations I can't think of right now?)

So perhaps a checkbox in mIRC's option like 'focus don't expand treebar item' or 'keep treebar item collapsed' would be a good idea

Wims #262940 22/04/18 05:50 PM
A
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
A
Originally Posted By: Wims
Video definitely helped wink

I agree that if you allow for collapsing, then it should stay that way until you decide otherwise (although there might be some tricky situations I can't think of right now?)

So perhaps a checkbox in mIRC's option like 'focus don't expand treebar item' or 'keep treebar item collapsed' would be a good idea

Yeh or just an option to just ignore everything thats not made by yourself.

In my case, if i need to go anywhere or need to find any channel i prefere to do it manually instead of some "half" automatic way to make it more easy for me

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
The option I'm talking about would do just that

Link Copied to Clipboard