mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
tuvok Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Hello, is this Possible that i can use both IP Addresses with the command line?

Command:
/server -ip/ip6 <ip-Address> <server:port>

when i will connect on the fly
or for the network (server) what i will connect a Textbox where i can add the Address.

I have on my LAN Adapter multiple IPv6 and IPv4 Addresses.

Thx

Z
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
I don't think I understand how what you're asking for is different from /server -46 or /server group .

You can create a server group, one server with your IPv4 address and one server with the IPv6 address. If you connect using /server group , then mIRC will cycle through your list of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses until it connects.

Another option is to modify your hosts file. In Windows it's at C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts. Then you could add your IPv4 and IPv6 using some name:

Code:
192.168.1.1 mylanadapter
fd00:dead:beef:cafe:: mylanadapter

and then you can just use the address "mylanadapter" in your mIRC configuration or /server command.

/tokenize 32 $gettok($1-,1-,32)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: mIRC Help
/bindip [on|off] <ipaddress>

This command allows you to change the bind settings in the Ports dialog. An adapter name can be specified instead of the IP address.

$bindip(N|ipaddress)

Returns the list of active network adapters. The N = 0, returns the total number of active network adapters.

Properties: name, ip, loopback

If an IP address is specified, returns the best network adapter for connecting to that IP address.

You can use the /bindip command prior to initiating your /server connection. No, I do not know if /bindip is Global or attached to a Connection ID (CID) server window. Easy to test though.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Z
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
Thanks for your update Raccoon, I realized this morning that I spaced out on being able to have more than one IP/interface and you beat me to it with a better answer : ) Cheers

/tokenize 32 $gettok($1-,1-,32)

Link Copied to Clipboard