mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your help so far. I think I may have found the cause of the issue. There was a bug in the hash table routine, introduced in v7.46, that would have resulted in incorrect freeing of memory in some contexts. I was not able to reproduce a crash but this particular issue would have caused a crash eventually/intermittently. Hopefully it is the same bug that is causing your issue. I have uploaded a new beta here.

W
Wolfie Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
Originally Posted By: FroggieDaFrog
I've noticed that you mentioned using my mTwitch scripts. Could you please list all that you have installed. Also, do the crashes correspond with your internet being intermittent at times?
For the most part, I don't have connection issues. Using all of them, though I've removed the popup one since that wasn't working at all. Could enable any of the channels.

W
Wolfie Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Thanks for your help so far. I think I may have found the cause of the issue. There was a bug in the hash table routine, introduced in v7.46, that would have resulted in incorrect freeing of memory in some contexts. I was not able to reproduce a crash but this particular issue would have caused a crash eventually/intermittently. Hopefully it is the same bug that is causing your issue. I have uploaded a new beta here.
Got it installed, will report back when it's survived hours of activity or when it crashes, whichever happens to be the case.

W
Wolfie Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
Okay, a streamer did a morning stream that lasted over 5hrs with no issues. Not saying that it means the issue is solved, but it's a good sign.

mIRC uptime is over 19hrs at this point. Will wait until another couple of streamers have been on for a few hours (should be starting in a few hours from now). I have a good feeling about this, but again, not jumping the gun.

W
Wolfie Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
W
Might be a safe bet that the hash table was the issue. Another stream, nearing 6 hours, with mIRC uptime being 1d 4h.

Still could be another issue (I've learned to be cautiously optimistic), but it's looking like you nailed it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Great, good to hear. So it does look like it was the cause of the crash. Thanks again for your feedback. This fix will be in the next version.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard