mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
All,

before a ton of posts get made here to ask why their resubs no longer are being seen, you can read about it here: https://discuss.dev.twitch.tv/t/important-re-subscription-change/6463

I have the following code to account for this change (credit goes to JACKY1356400) :

Code:
raw USERNOTICE:*:{
  if ($msgtags(room-id).key == [CHANNEL ID HERE]) {
    if ($2- == $null) && (resub isin $msgtags) {
      msg $1 Welcome back $msgtags(display-name).key has resubscribed for $msgtags(msg-param-months).key months in a row!
    }
    else {
      msg $1 Welcome back $msgtags(display-name).key has resubscribed for $msgtags(msg-param-months).key months in a row with the message $2-
    }
  }
}

You'll need to get your room-id, i recommend debugging @raw and pulling the ID. Run the following:

Code:
//window -e @raw | debug @raw

Then change your key in the referenced code.

twitter @keyeslol
K
Babel fish
Babel fish
K
Hey @keyeslol,

So to get the Room-ID would be something as this?

Quote:
on *:TEXT:!roomid *:#: {
if ($nick == $me) { .timermsg 1 1 /msg # Room ID: $msgtags(room-id).key }
}

K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
You can get it by putting this in a new remotes:

Code:
on *:TEXT:*:#: {
  if ($nick == $me) {
  msg # Room ID: $msgtags(room-id).key
  }
}

twitter @keyeslol
K
Babel fish
Babel fish
K
Hi @keyeslol,

With this, the bot would have to be able to pick up the "Room-ID" of each channel automatically?

K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
That is correct. Just have the bot type anything in the channel you need the room-id for.

We could technically do this all automatically, write this to a var, like %roomid. < key > .channel and call this in our resub.

Instead of the room-id == [ ID HERE ] it would be room-id == %room.id

I'd have to write the code though to do it all automatically. But here's the thing, i wouldn't want to process the on * event all the time, as i only need the room ID once.

Better to just grab it once, instead of writing the ID to a var.

twitter @keyeslol
K
Babel fish
Babel fish
K
Something like this works? I apologize if you have errors and ask many questions, it's just I'm new to mIRC.

Original:

Quote:
if ($msgtags(room-id).key == [CHANNEL ID HERE]) {
msg $1 Welcome back $msgtags(display-name).key has resubscribed for $msgtags(msg-param-months).key months in a row!
}
else {
msg $1 Welcome back $msgtags(display-name).key has resubscribed for $msgtags(msg-param-months).key months in a row with the message $2-
}
}
}

Example edited script:

Quote:
if ($chan == #channame && ( $msgtags(msg-id).key == resub)) {

K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
No need to check if $chan == xxx && room-id == xxx

room-id is unique, and only for the channel the resub occurs in. Use my original code, and reference the room-id where it says [channel id]

twitter @keyeslol
K
Babel fish
Babel fish
K
Well thank you very much for all the information and help @keyeslol. Very thankful.

A
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
A
@keyeslol

So this one should work fine then?
I've put "#yznb", because I only want it to type in that channel, since I'm connected to more than 1 in IRC.

Code:
raw USERNOTICE:*:#yznb:{
  if ($msgtags(room-id).key == [31582993]) {
      msg $1 xanHY xanPE yznSOLD (&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417; &#10023; ( $+ $msgtags(display-name).key $+ ) stayed on #YZNARMY for ( $+ $msgtags(msg-param-months).key $+ ) months! yznLOVE yznHYPE
    }
    else {
      msg $1 xanHY xanPE yznSOLD (&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417; &#10023; ( $+ $msgtags(display-name).key $+ ) stayed on #YZNARMY for ( $+ $msgtags(msg-param-months).key $+ ) months! yznLOVE yznHYPE ( Note: $2- )
    }
  }
}

K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
You don't need to put the channel in, as the room-id is unique to the channel the resub occurs in. IE, it won't display in any other channel than the one the room-id is tied to. But it doesn't hurt if you want to have it in there. Technically it saves a minuscule amount of CPU.

Originally Posted By: Artiiz
@keyeslol

I've put "#yznb", because I only want it to type in that channel, since I'm connected to more than 1 in IRC.

Code:
      msg $1 xanHY xanPE yznSOLD (&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417; &#10023; ( $+ $msgtags(display-name).key $+ ) stayed on #YZNARMY for ( $+ $msgtags(msg-param-months).key $+ ) months! yznLOVE yznHYPE
    }
    else {
      msg $1 xanHY xanPE yznSOLD (&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417; &#10023; ( $+ $msgtags(display-name).key $+ ) stayed on #YZNARMY for ( $+ $msgtags(msg-param-months).key $+ ) months! yznLOVE yznHYPE ( Note: $2- )
    }
  }
}

twitter @keyeslol
A
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
A
Originally Posted By: keyeslol
You don't need to put the channel in, as the room-id is unique to the channel the resub occurs in. IE, it won't display in any other channel than the one the room-id is tied to. But it doesn't hurt if you want to have it in there. Technically it saves a minuscule amount of CPU.

Originally Posted By: Artiiz
@keyeslol

Code:
    }
    else {
    }
  }
}

Oh alright.

I tried using this earlier today but it didn't quite seem to be working anyway.
Do I need to make a whole new Remote script for this, and restart mIRC after writing it in?

K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
Try taking out the brackets after room-id.key ==

twitter @keyeslol
I
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
I
I'm guessing that I need to do raw CAP REQ :twitch.tv/tags. But when I do it, my bot wont get any of the chat messages from twitch. Do I need to add/do a script to capture chat or something?

K
Babel fish
Babel fish
K
Hey @Artiiz,

Actually in the Room-ID is not going "[ ]" or the bot will not respond you, at least in my case did not.

Quote:
if ($msgtags(room-id).key == 31582993) {
}
else {
}
}
}

B
Bnz Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
Hi im a little bit confused.

i used the following script for new subs and resubs and it worked great. Now with the changes sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Appreciate any help for a solution.

Code:

ON *:TEXT:*subscribed*:#channelname:{
  if ( $nick == twitchnotify ) && ($istok($1-,subscribed to,32)) halt
  elseif ($nick == twitchnotify) && ( $4 == $null ) { describe $chan Welcome $1! RANDOM MSG }
  elseif ($nick == twitchnotify) && ( $4 isnum ) { describe $chan Wow! $1 Welcome $1! RANDOM MSG }  
}

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
If the channel name is removed and automatically recognized....I don't understand how it'll work if your bot is connect to multiple Twitch partner's chat??

K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
Originally Posted By: ifuse
I'm guessing that I need to do raw CAP REQ :twitch.tv/tags. But when I do it, my bot wont get any of the chat messages from twitch. Do I need to add/do a script to capture chat or something?

What version of mIRC are you using? I'm using the latest, and requesting the following:

Code:
raw CAP REQ :twitch.tv/membership
raw CAP REQ :twitch.tv/tags
raw CAP REQ :twitch.tv/commands

Chat messages appear just fine for me.

twitter @keyeslol
K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
Take out the last line of your code and use the new code.

Originally Posted By: Bnz
Hi im a little bit confused.

i used the following script for new subs and resubs and it worked great. Now with the changes sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Appreciate any help for a solution.

Code:

ON *:TEXT:*subscribed*:#channelname:{
  if ( $nick == twitchnotify ) && ($istok($1-,subscribed to,32)) halt
  elseif ($nick == twitchnotify) && ( $4 == $null ) { describe $chan Welcome $1! RANDOM MSG }
  elseif ($nick == twitchnotify) && ( $4 isnum ) { describe $chan Wow! $1 Welcome $1! RANDOM MSG }  
}

twitter @keyeslol
K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
It works because you'll specify unique room-ids for the channels your bot is connected to. Room-id's are unique to each room.

We were talking about how to auto populate the room-id variable in the above code. However, the bots I've coded/managed do not do it this way. I've grabbed them once and set them.

Originally Posted By: Bestpeff
If the channel name is removed and automatically recognized....I don't understand how it'll work if your bot is connect to multiple Twitch partner's chat??

twitter @keyeslol
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
G
I know this section may have been forgotten and this may or may not be such a basic question, but whenever I add multiple messages to the script it doesn't come through, I use the $msg #chan Blah blah and it does make extra chat lines, help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard