mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#257733 12/05/16 10:13 PM
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
I upgraded from mIRC v6.35, to mIRC v7.44, then to mIRC v7.45. I manually set The DCC Ports to: 4000 - 4020, and they are forwarded in the router to my local IP.

The problem is in mIRC v7.44 and mIRC v7.45. When I DCC Send, the file starts sending and stops for no reason after a few moments. I have checked everything I can think of to no avail. I'm a long time mIRC user, I work with windows networks and I know how to use DMZ and Port Forwarding in the router.

mIRC v6.35 worked and so did mIRC v7.44 (for a while). What am I missing? I'm running Win 7 64Bit Ultimate.

T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Things I have tried:

Passive DCC
Changing the CPS Values
Turning off firewalls
Putting local IP in the DMZ..
Connecting PC strait to the modem.

Same results for each..

W
WKN Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
W
Hi,

maybe in Options.Connect.Local you have a wrong public IP configured in IP address?

Check there at least On connect, always get IP address and test Lookup methods Normal or Server, whats serving you best.

BR
WKN

T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Well if that was the case, it wouldn't start sending would it?

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Only Khaled can tell for sure but it's likely that literally nothing changed in the DCC routine.
A lot of people on mIRC 7.44 and mIRC 7.45 are using dcc send without any problem and you said it worked on 7.44 for a while.
These are very meaningful, it is likely your configuration that changed, for instance it could be your antivirus software causing it, could be some firewalls (windows/router).
The fact that it starts sending correctly and then stop suggests an AV software issue.
If you try to disable your AV software and install mIRC 7.45 in a new empty folder using the portable option, is it working?

Last edited by Wims; 13/05/16 05:53 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
I reinstalled v6.35 and the DCC sends work 100% perfectly. The DCC Sends, in the latest versions start then stop after a few short moments. All settings are the same in both when running just one mIRC. Looks like I'm just going to have to downgrade until a solution is found.

T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
I'll try disabling the AV and see..

T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Disabling the AV (Avast), don't affect the DCC Sends. It starts and shortly after it fails. "Transfer Incomplete", is all it tells me.

T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
I always use the portable option. And I have just installed the latest version from mirc.com in C:\mIRC. Same problem..

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I just tested mIRC v7.45 and it worked fine for me. I set the port range in the mIRC Ports dialog, opened up that port range on my router, ran a second copy of mIRC on a another computer on a different IP address, and was able to send files from the first mIRC to the second mIRC without any issues. I also tested Passive DCC on the second mIRC and was able to send to the first mIRC without any issues.

Do you have UPnP support enabled in mIRC v7.45? If you disable that, does that help?

T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Ok it appears it was the AV, I just added an exclusion for C:\mIRC, and all is good. smile thanks for your help! and fast reply's! smile

T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Strange.. same problem is back again. lol The exception is still in AV. I WILL FIGURE THIS OUT! :-/
Turning off AV and Firewall has no effects..

Last edited by TechChaos; 07/06/16 02:32 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard