mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Newbie Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
Any way to lower the volume of a browser? I know you can lower the master volume by using vol -v but is there any way of lowering the volume of a video or the browser the video is playing on?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
LOL! How will mIRC access the browser flash player settings or if not flash player but HTLM5 to set the volume, i am not sure if this is possible by scripting, also if any COM support this then it might be.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
westor: In Vista+, the Windows system has control over individual application's volume. Adjusting the volume of another application is a matter of a system API call, the same one that mIRC uses to change wave/midi volume.

I couldn't say if mIRC would require administrator rights to tinker with the volume for Flashplayer.exe or Firefox.exe

Newbie: There are other Windows scripting languages out there that can, including AutoHotkey, if it's something that doesn't necessarily have to be performed by mIRC script.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: Raccoon
westor: In Vista+, the Windows system has control over individual application's volume. Adjusting the volume of another application is a matter of a system API call, the same one that mIRC uses to change wave/midi volume.

I couldn't say if mIRC would require administrator rights to tinker with the volume for Flashplayer.exe or Firefox.exe

Newbie: There are other Windows scripting languages out there that can, including AutoHotkey, if it's something that doesn't necessarily have to be performed by mIRC script.

Yes @Raccoon i said the same on the above post, if there is an specific API (COM Object) that support this on flash player then mIRC can do it, but i don't know which one it is!

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
No, it has nothing to do with controlling flashplayer. It's a system level API that controls volume for all processes, including mIRC's own volume.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
N
Newbie Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
Originally Posted By: Raccoon

Oh yeah, I know there are other languages the thing I really don't know is how to implement them with mirc. For example, I'm trying to make a web page using html and java script which plays a youtube video and then refreshes to play another youtube video in the process. I'm assuming that I could alter the volume using java script my question would be how could I manipulate that using my mirc bot?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Give a try and paste your code that already do this and maybe someone can help you to explain you how-to code it on the mIRC (and if it is possible)

Link Copied to Clipboard