mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Nillen Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
N
I've been helping a couple of my friends set their mIRC up and they've been messing around with a couple of settings themselves. The command prefix option gave me a big headache before I could figure out that that was the reason they couldn't use my aliases I sent them. I'd like $comchar to be an official identifier for this reason.
Code:
alias comchar return $readini($mircini,text,commandchar)

I know it's simple, but it could be useful for anyone who faces the same thing in the future. And shouldn't take long at all to implement either.

Edit: Further explanation, some of my friends couldn't use simple features like "//echo -a $time" or anything while I was debugging for them, so I told them to use this after a while:
Code:
on *:text:!cc:?: { 
if ($nick == Nillen) msg $nick This is my cc: $comchar - $readini($mircini,text,commandchar)
}
And I could finally help tell them what to do to make it work like "¤¤echo -a $time"

Last edited by Nillen; 30/11/14 04:08 PM.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That would be useful in other places as well, e.g. for many "on INPUT" events. Just a small point: mIRC consistently abbreviates "command" to "cmd", so I think $cmdchar would make for a better name..

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Good point +1

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The actual option name is "Command prefix" so I would model an identifier after that name. $cmdprefix or $cmdpref

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
N
Nillen Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
N
Well I just used char since it's listed as that in the mircini.
Either name is fine though really, is it not? smile

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net

Link Copied to Clipboard