Print Thread
#247516 06/08/14 01:20 AM
P
pball Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
P
I just tried 7.35 with a fresh start and if you choose a chan from the recent history or a saved favorite it doesn't connect properly. Because it tries to connect to the network name and not the address.

* Connecting to Rizon (6667)

It needs to connect to irc.rizon.net

I do like the change where it doesn't hijack the current connection.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this issue yet. I tested using my normal installation of mIRC and a clean install of mIRC. I joined channels by using the favorites dialog, the favorites menu, and the favorites history menu. In all cases, it connected to the correct network for that channel. Can you describe a step by step method that reproduces this issue for you?

P
pball Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
P
I put mirc.exe 7.35 in a new folder and created an empty mirc.ini file in the same folder. Connected to a server, joined a channel, added that channel to the favorites. Closed that channel and then connected to a different network in the same status window. Then tried clicking the channel in the favorites and it wouldn't connect to the server due to the same as before.

Last edited by pball; 06/08/14 11:18 AM.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Right, this has been the case ever since the recent channels feature was added. The recent channels history menu saves the network name (found in numeric 005) with the recent channel. I am guessing that you tested this without a servers.ini file, so when you tried to join the channel later, mIRC was unable to find a list of server addresses associated with the network name. I have added this issue to my to-do list.

Link Copied to Clipboard