mIRC Homepage
Posted By: pball 7.35 Favorites Bug - 06/08/14 01:20 AM
I just tried 7.35 with a fresh start and if you choose a chan from the recent history or a saved favorite it doesn't connect properly. Because it tries to connect to the network name and not the address.

* Connecting to Rizon (6667)

It needs to connect to irc.rizon.net

I do like the change where it doesn't hijack the current connection.
Posted By: Khaled Re: 7.35 Favorites Bug - 06/08/14 08:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this issue yet. I tested using my normal installation of mIRC and a clean install of mIRC. I joined channels by using the favorites dialog, the favorites menu, and the favorites history menu. In all cases, it connected to the correct network for that channel. Can you describe a step by step method that reproduces this issue for you?
Posted By: pball Re: 7.35 Favorites Bug - 06/08/14 11:18 AM
I put mirc.exe 7.35 in a new folder and created an empty mirc.ini file in the same folder. Connected to a server, joined a channel, added that channel to the favorites. Closed that channel and then connected to a different network in the same status window. Then tried clicking the channel in the favorites and it wouldn't connect to the server due to the same as before.
Posted By: Khaled Re: 7.35 Favorites Bug - 08/08/14 03:14 PM
Right, this has been the case ever since the recent channels feature was added. The recent channels history menu saves the network name (found in numeric 005) with the recent channel. I am guessing that you tested this without a servers.ini file, so when you tried to join the channel later, mIRC was unable to find a list of server addresses associated with the network name. I have added this issue to my to-do list.
© mIRC Discussion Forums