mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It depends on the network. Many networks are set up where you can use something like us.undernet.org instead of irc.undernet.org to connect to a US/Canada server or eu.undernet.org to connect to a European server. Or, you can specify the server you want... something like: some.server.us or some.server.se . The server names are usually available on the network's website, or if they are servers in the default server list in mIRC, you can find out the information from there.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
Hey, I've been reading the comments and i still don't know what's wrong. It keeps saying
Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)

I set it to connect in 60 sec and then I tried 120 sec and nothing. I checked my firewall since I have v.7 and windows xp and it says that mIRC is on the list of allowed programs, but I still can't connect to a server, any server...
Any help for this would be greatly appreciated

G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
G
Hello, this has been a long read for 22 pages and some interesting details. However I am a bit stumped. My issue is:

I seem to connect (sometimes past the MOTD) but never actually get to do anything before a 5 minute waiting period where I usually get a [10053] Software caused connection abort (screen copy to follow at end of message)

I have tried a number of things (as I am not very well versed with MIRC or some of the technical talk that is contained within this thread)including trying different networks such as Undernet, Dalnet, a few networks listed within this thread.

I have tried on various port such as 6667, 6666, 6669, 6665.

I tried the various combinations in MIRC >> Connect > Local. {One thing of note is that when I put 'IP Address' instead of 'Host name' it puts in my computer side IP (192.168....).

I also tried the suggestion of contacting a server by it's IP (/server 66.225.225.225 (which came from /dns irc.servercentral.net (chicago efnet - thank you to whom had posted that command!))) which results in the same message and disconnects.

This system runs on a WinXp Home based system running MIRC v7.22.
We are using Cable to communicate so I guess we are behind a router as well as realtime a/v-firewall running. (Bright house networks(basically RoadRunner and Norton 360 respectively). - I temporarily turned off the 'smart firewall' as well as 'real-time protection' and even took out the entry (temporarily as it puts it back in with each run of MIRC) from the 'program rules' section of the firewall.

We had moved a few weeks ago and this is the first we are trying to use mirc. There were issues where we would have problems connecting before but trying different servers on a given network such as undernet would usually get us connected within a few tris. Now I am wondering if that was the start of the current issues or what? Now we can't seem to connect to any network without getting the software message.

Below is the copy from the mirc window if it is of any help. Should any further information be helpful that i have left out please let me know. After hours of tinkering I am spent and could use some direction to figure this out. I will provide any information I am able to. Thank you very much!

[22:46] * Dns resolving irc.servercentral.net
-
[22:46] * Dns resolved irc.servercentral.net to 66.225.225.225
-
[22:46] * Connecting to 66.225.225.225 (6667)
-
[22:46] -66.225.225.225- *** Processing connection to irc.servercentral.net
-
[22:46] -66.225.225.225- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
[22:46] -66.225.225.225- *** Checking Ident
-
[22:46] -66.225.225.225- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
-
[22:46] -66.225.225.225- *** No Ident response
-
Welcome to the EFnet Internet Relay Chat Network niche
Your host is irc.servercentral.net[66.225.225.225/6667], running version ircd-ratbox-3.0.6
This server was created Sat Feb 6 2010 at 17:58:30 CST
-
irc.servercentral.net ircd-ratbox-3.0.6 oiwszcrkfydnxbauglZCD biklmnopstveIrS bkloveI
-
CHANTYPES=&# EXCEPTS INVEX CHANMODES=eIb,k,l,imnpstS CHANLIMIT=&#:75 PREFIX=(ov)@+ MAXLIST=beI:100 MODES=4 NETWORK=EFnet KNOCK STATUSMSG=@+ CALLERID=g are supported by this server
SAFELIST ELIST=U CASEMAPPING=rfc1459 CHARSET=ascii NICKLEN=9 CHANNELLEN=50 TOPICLEN=160 ETRACE CPRIVMSG CNOTICE DEAF=D MONITOR=60 are supported by this server
FNC TARGMAX=NAMES:1,LIST:1,KICK:1,WHOIS:1,PRIVMSG:4,NOTICE:4,ACCEPT:,MONITOR: are supported by this server
-
There are 7741 users and 27981 invisible on 43 servers
207 IRC Operators online
4 unknown connection(s)
17640 channels formed
I have 2039 clients and 3 servers
-
Current local users: 2039 Max: 5124
Current global users: 35722 Max: 42793
-
Highest connection count: 5127 (5124 clients) (1783741 connections received)
-
Message of the Day, irc.servercentral.net
-
- - _ _
- - ___ ___ _ ___ _____ _ _ __ ___ _ _| |_ _ _ __ _| |
- - (_-</ -_) '_\ V / -_) '_/ _/ -_) ' \ _| '_/ _` | |
- - /__/\___|_| \_/\___|_| \__\___|_||_\__|_| \__,_|_|
- -
- - o Listening on ports: 6660 - 6669, 7000, 8080, 31337 o
- - o Listening on SSL ports: 9999 o
- - o Visit us @ http://www.servercentral.net o
- -
- - -------- Server Rules ----------------------------------------------
- -
- - o No Flooding o No DoS bots
- - o No Clones o No Spamming
- - o No Takeovers o No Whiners

- - -------- Server Staff ----------------------------------------------
- -
- - o Local IRCops may be summoned with the command: /stats p
- -
- - -------- Disclaimer ------------------------------------------------
- -
- - This server, its staff and the people hosting it are *NOT*
- - responsible for the content that passes through this server.
- - Use of this server is a *privilege* which may be removed at
- - any time and for any reason by the friendly server operators.
- -
- - -------- End of MOTD -----------------------------------------------
- -
-
End of /MOTD command.
-
[22:46] [DM VERSION]
-
[22:46] Local host: irc.servercentral.net (66.225.225.225)
-
[22:48] * [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
[22:48] * Disconnected

G
G
I was wondering one thing though. In case something in MIRC got changed and is preventing connecting with networks is there a way to 'reset' mirc 7.22? I assume uninstalling would do the trick? If it does is there any other way?

Thank you much.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you want to try a clean install, you can remove mirc.ini (you can move it somewhere like your desktop so that you can replace it later if you don't want to lose your settings).

As far as your situation, it looks like you connect just fine. Although this happens on multiple networks, one thing I notice here that could potentially be the same on those other networks is the VERSION check by the network. Many networks run that or similar things to look for bots. You might want to check and make sure that you're not blocking CTCP or aren't ignoring the bots that are running those commands. The networks could choose to kick you if you don't reply.

You could also try installing a different version of mIRC and see if that helps. For example, 6.35.

It may also help if you type /debug @debug before connecting and then paste the results of the @debug window here. It *might* provide some additional detail.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
G
G
I had no idea of that command, thank you!
Below is the copy from the debug window from start to end of one time trying to get into a server:

-> 66.225.225.225 CAP LS
-> 66.225.225.225 NICK niche
-> 66.225.225.225 USER niche 0 * :...
<- NOTICE AUTH :*** Processing connection to irc.servercentral.net
<- NOTICE AUTH :*** Looking up your hostname...
<- NOTICE AUTH :*** Checking Ident
<- NOTICE AUTH :*** Found your hostname
<- NOTICE AUTH :*** No Ident response
<- :irc.servercentral.net CAP * LS :multi-prefix
-> 66.225.225.225 CAP REQ :multi-prefix
<- :irc.servercentral.net CAP niche ACK :multi-prefix
-> 66.225.225.225 CAP END
<- :irc.servercentral.net 001 niche :Welcome to the EFnet Internet Relay Chat Network niche
-> irc.servercentral.net USERHOST niche
<- :irc.servercentral.net 002 niche :Your host is irc.servercentral.net[66.225.225.225/6665], running version ircd-ratbox-3.0.6
<- :irc.servercentral.net 003 niche :This server was created Sat Feb 6 2010 at 17:58:30 CST
<- :irc.servercentral.net 004 niche irc.servercentral.net ircd-ratbox-3.0.6 oiwszcrkfydnxbauglZCD biklmnopstveIrS bkloveI
<- :irc.servercentral.net 005 niche CHANTYPES=&# EXCEPTS INVEX CHANMODES=eIb,k,l,imnpstS CHANLIMIT=&#:75 PREFIX=(ov)@+ MAXLIST=beI:100 MODES=4 NETWORK=EFnet KNOCK STATUSMSG=@+ CALLERID=g :are supported by this server
<- :irc.servercentral.net 005 niche SAFELIST ELIST=U CASEMAPPING=rfc1459 CHARSET=ascii NICKLEN=9 CHANNELLEN=50 TOPICLEN=160 ETRACE CPRIVMSG CNOTICE DEAF=D MONITOR=60 :are supported by this server
<- :irc.servercentral.net 005 niche FNC TARGMAX=NAMES:1,LIST:1,KICK:1,WHOIS:1,PRIVMSG:4,NOTICE:4,ACCEPT:,MONITOR: :are supported by this server
<- :irc.servercentral.net 251 niche :There are 7279 users and 28190 invisible on 43 servers
<- :irc.servercentral.net 252 niche 214 :IRC Operators online
<- :irc.servercentral.net 253 niche 1 :unknown connection(s)
<- :irc.servercentral.net 254 niche 17646 :channels formed
<- :irc.servercentral.net 255 niche :I have 2710 clients and 3 servers
<- :irc.servercentral.net 265 niche 2710 5124 :Current local users 2710, max 5124
<- :irc.servercentral.net 266 niche 35469 42793 :Current global users 35469, max 42793
<- :irc.servercentral.net 250 niche :Highest connection count: 5127 (5124 clients) (1798830 connections received)
<- :irc.servercentral.net 375 niche :- irc.servercentral.net Message of the Day -
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- -  _ _
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- -  ___ ___ _ ___ _____ _ _ __ ___ _ _| |_ _ _ __ _| |
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - (_-</ -_) '_\ V / -_) '_/ _/ -_) ' \ _| '_/ _` | |
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - /__/\___|_| \_/\___|_| \__\___|_||_\__|_| \__,_|_|
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- -
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - o Listening on ports: 6660 - 6669, 7000, 8080, 31337 o
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - o Listening on SSL ports: 9999 o
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - o Visit us @ http://www.servercentral.net o
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - -------- Server Rules ----------------------------------------------
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - o No Flooding o No DoS bots
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - o No Clones o No Spamming
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - o No Takeovers o No Whiners
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - -------- Server Staff ----------------------------------------------
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - o Local IRCops may be summoned with the command: /stats p
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - -------- Disclaimer ------------------------------------------------<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- -
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - This server, its staff and the people hosting it are *NOT*
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - responsible for the content that passes through this server.
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - Use of this server is a *privilege* which may be removed at
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - any time and for any reason by the friendly server operators.
<- :irc.servercentral.net 372 niche :- - -------- End of MOTD -----------------------------------------------
<- :irc.servercentral.net 376 niche :End of /MOTD command.
<- :DM!irc@services.servercentral.net PRIVMSG niche :VERSION
-> irc.servercentral.net NOTICE DM :VERSION mIRC v7.22 Khaled Mardam-Bey
-> irc.servercentral.net MODE niche +i
<- :irc.servercentral.net 302 niche :niche=+~niche@66.225.225.225
-> irc.servercentral.net LIST <10000
-> 66.225.225.225 CAP LS
-> 66.225.225.225 NICK niche
-> 66.225.225.225 USER niche 0 * :...
<- NOTICE AUTH :*** Processing connection to irc.servercentral.net
<- NOTICE AUTH :*** Looking up your hostname...
<- NOTICE AUTH :*** Checking Ident
<- NOTICE AUTH :*** Found your hostname
-> 66.225.225.225 QUIT :
------------------------------------------------
As a quick side note I tried the command /list but no window pops up until the server disconnects and then pops up a blank list window.

Also I noticed for ports 6660 through 6669 after it begins the welcome message right after the 'no identd response' line that their is constant activity for packets sent and received. Looks like usually around 2k packets rec'd until it disconnects.

I don't usually use Efnet but it seems to be quicker at disconnecting whereas networks such as Undernet seem to take a couple more minutes to disconnect and tell you your not getting anywhere smile

G
G
Well getting a 2nd computer and putting MIRC onto it (as well as WinXp Home) and having the exact same issue I was quite convinced that the issue had nothing to do with the MIRC program. Feeling quite confident and smarter about tracking the issue down to the firewall (which I had disabled) or an issue with the ISP or even the OS I played with the program just little bit more and on the 2nd computer it started working. It had begun going into chat rooms by messing constantly with the before mentioned MIRC>>Options>>Connect>Local and playing with the options there. The deciding factor seemed to be putting in the host name of my ISP and it's IP# and connecting to Efnet.

What confused me even further was the fact that I tried, now confident that it would work with other networks and it didn't until I played around with the same options and again entered the host name and IP # of my ISP and again it started going into chat rooms.

I don't know if the issues are completely gone but after yesterday and being able to connect with a few servers seems to not be having issue.

Thank you to those whom have started these threads with information and guidance and to Riamus2 for responding to my issue. It helps to not feel alone and going in complete circles.

I assume I will still have software disconnect issue cause something somewhere is not 100% right because I connect with a network/server that said it required IdentD and I was able to chat/whois/list but had a tilde before my name but am happier and relieved to have it connecting. I just don't completely understand why smile

Take care all and good luck.

Last edited by gatherer; 12/05/12 11:23 PM.
M
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
M
I have been using mirc for years & always on Undernet. I recently updated windows software & after that I not been able to connect ever. I get "Connection timed out" or "unable to resolve server" errors and it never connects.

Any ideas?

btw, I am a novice to medium level user.

thank you.

F
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
F
Unable to connect to WhatNET for 2 days

No changes made to my PC

Bruni #241478 26/04/13 03:17 PM
A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
I'm having the same problem... "Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)"

It's been happening all morning long... haven't changed anything to me settings and my internet seems to be working fine.

E
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
E
hi been reading advice on here and still cant connect to undernet yet i can connect to irchighway what do i do now?

N
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
N
Does anyone have a clue what is the problem with Undernet lately? Now for days again am unable to connect to any of the servers.

1. Firewall/Virusscanner checked.
2. Other networks like DALnet EFnet etc all connect.
3. Undernetservers all give "Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)".
4. The random US gives "Connect retry #2 us.undernet.org (6669) (dns pool)".
5. Already tried connecting directly to the server without DNS with the /server command on several ports

Strange thing is that if i try to connect to Undernet with www.mibbit.com i also cannot connect.

M
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
M
I'm getting the same problem with undernet. Other networks are fine, but not undernet. frown

S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
why iam i getting Unable to resolve server when i close mirc down then open it back up can any 1 help please

Last edited by samyboy; 01/07/13 04:39 PM.
J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
My first time on the forum so I hope this is the right place to post this. I tried to connect this morning after using the software for almost 2 years now and I get Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out) 72.10.174.13

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
(190747) * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)
-
(190750) * Connect retry #1 us.undernet.org (6667) (dns pool)

Same error here, and the network use this version of ircd:

Your host is Denver.CO.US.Undernet.Org,
running version u2.10.12.14

I have Windows 7 Home premium 64bit, and some time i have noticed the clients is style "not responding"

When it try to connect me at my bnc, or other network .. its Uusual?

Last edited by StarRain; 08/11/13 12:25 AM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Your virus protection or firewall blocking the connection, try disable them and see if that helps..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
A
A
Hello, I had to run my mIRC client after longer period and suddenly see it's not able to connect to most of my configured servers it stays in loop with these messages
Unable to connect to server (Host disconnected)
trying all possible servers none works. I would appreciate a resolution for this problem
(mIRC 7.32 running on Win8.1E 64bit, static cable connection)
I reproduce the same problem with same mIRC version on same netnode running in Win7 64bit, however I can connect to same server using mobile client from Smartphone connected to same network, from this it looks like mIRC self problem rather than a networking issue). Thanks in advance for all valid suggestions.

C
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
C
I have windows 7 and my favorite chatroom just had to switch servers because our old one is about to close down. The new info is supposed to be irc.zerogummi.com, port 6667 but when I added it and tried to connect it says unable to connect to server (connection timed out) What should I do? I do have a firewall but it never bothered the old server or this one. I was on this one just the other night I cant get back on it now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
I'm new and can't get in prelude

Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard