Dear Khaled,

It's been a long time since $submenu() was added. I think it was well before /while loops, and it has always seemed like a very backwards approach to building menus. And while I'm personally handy with $submenu(), it just defies logic for most people and is quite prohibitive in its capabilities. Namely, the nesting of dynamic submenus.

I would like to propose the addition of a new command based menu building.

I know that Popups may seem passe to people, in light of mIRC's dialog building capabilities... but don't be fooled. Menus are very powerful tools and offer a great depth of quick interaction with users and channels.

With the present limitation of non-nested dynamic menus, I've had to resort to pre-building gigantic menu structures of empty variables and then fill those variables to build the menus you see below. It would be nice if I could simply create these menus via /menu_add command in the MENU event or POPUPS section, or by creating persistent named Menus much like Dialogs are created.

Here are some examples of my menu structures I've built, and demonstrating why nesting of dynamic menus should be critical to to mIRC's implementation of popup menus.

Code:
CHANNEL
  Clones (8)
    Raccoon (bismuth@host.isp.net) (3) 1m52s
      Ban: *!*@host.isp.net
      -----
      RaccBot (bot@host.isp.net)         2h19m
      NoName (noone@host.isp.net)        5h23m
    LameBot (~lamest@lame.vhost.net)   19s
      Ban: *!*lamest@*
      -----
      SillyBot (~lamest@silly.clowns.de) 2d17h
      KjertBot (~lamest@whered.i.go)     2d17h
      ArnieBot (~lamest@dino.dragon.it)  2d17h
      GoatBot (~lamest@mad.goat.net)     2d18h
  With (3)
    Jolo (lol@joobbob.net) (3)         2y2d
      @#mIRC                             2y2d
      @#irchelp                          2y2d
    Karen` (miss@idles.al.ot) (2)      6w7h
      @#mIRC                             12h26m
    Modoc (typo@lieks.anime.jp) (2)    1h1m
      @#mIRC                             2m17s

Something like the above, with dynamic submenus nested within dynamic submenus, could be made possible via /menu command, and would be so much easier to build if it were possible to code in conventional /while loops instead of $submenu call-backs.

HELP ME KHALED!

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!