Print Thread
B
BoredNL Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
B
- Custom allowances for script files

The ability to set specific allow/disable settings for a certain script (to over-ride the default settings, just for the 1 script file) would be nice.

A couple suggestions for the allow/disable settings:
/remove
/rmdir
/rename
/run
/dll
/sock*
$sock*
on sock*
custom
on custom

I think you get the idea.. This way running scripts could be more secure (ie, no hidden socket opening up giving info to the creater of the script)

the other idea: the option to disable $decode from working when being typed. (it'll only work when a script uses it, and it would be set this way by default) This would be good to prevent n00bs using mIRC from infecting themselves with those onjoin 'viruses' (I don't know what to call them, lol). Here's an example of one: "if you want to stop spam, type this: //write nospam $decode(blahblahblah)". What it does is it writes itself to "nospam", then loads "nospam", which then silently 'on join' messages anyone who joins any channel their on with the same dumb message that got them infected which spreads it further.. (I'd be grateful for this, because it is hell trying to reason with these n00bs who won't type '/unload -rs nospam')

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
To be honest, at least in my opinion, the "nospam" things are, you get what you deserve. If you are stupid enough to just type something that someone tells you, then it is impossible to protect you. If I change that to "to stop spam go to do and type deltree C" it would have the same effect. And mIRC would be powerless to stop it. What I mean is, why should all the "smart" people be prevented from typing $decode in, just because idiots, who are going to get infected/harmed whether or not $decode is allowed, type whatever they are told?

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
the /run & /dll "Disable command" already exist .. Look at mIRC Option -> Generale -> Lock ..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
B
BoredNL Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
B
Codemastr: the way I figure it, the smart people would easily figure out how to enable $decode for use in typing it, or they'd just create an alias like this:
alias decode2 { return $decode($1-) }

lol

and Adrenalin.. I know about those two options, I'm not a moron. Reread my post man. I was talking about making it so each individual script loaded could have it's own settings set to over-ride the default settings (which would be expanded as well). 1 example would be to set the default settings to allow for no commands that could harmful to run, then when the person loads a script, they allow only what the script should need to use and then disable further commands for the certain script should they want to do that.. To go even further with this idea, there could be an "ask" setting for the different commands, where it asks the person if it should be allowed to do whatever it is that it's trying to do (and that window would have a button to open up the script to the part that is running, if the person wants to review that part of the script first). I know that it wouldn't be 100% secure, but everytime I load a humongous script, I get the lurking feeling that I just put some sort of backdoor onto my computer..

It's just an idea that I think would make running scripts on mIRC more safe.

The reason for this suggestion is because mIRC scripts have a LOT of power, but very little controls set to actually customize security with how they run.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Ok then: To stop spam type "alias decode2 { return $decode($1-) } | $decode2(.................)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
why should all the "smart" people be prevented from typing $decode in...

Kind of like, why should all the "mature" people be prevented from typing CTRL+G in...

Unfortunately, the Smart and Mature are a dying race... to be both is especially rare.
(I'm only good at faking mature, now and then.)

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
B
BoredNL Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
B
"Ok then: To stop spam type "alias decode2 { return $decode($1-) } | $decode2(.................) "

uh, what?

Link Copied to Clipboard