Print Thread
S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
i tryed to make the tittle the better i can

for the people who use bnc (znc), when connecting to bnc'z all channel are poping up(active windows) so lets say you connect on 5-6 network and have 10 channel on each network.. you gonna have 50-60 windows poping up one by one

that is why i think you should add a default behavior as options in alt+o
like: when joining a channel, this channel will be active or not

let me know what you think about that

p.s on me:^*:JOIN:#:window -n # will still make lots of pop up windows

Last edited by SiD69; 20/09/12 04:10 AM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You can script this with:

Code:
on *:CONNECT:.debug -i $null intercept_join
alias intercept_join if ($regex($1-,/^<- \S+ JOIN :(\S+)/)) join -n $regml(1)

The only drawback is /debug -i has no multiplexing, so you can't use /debug on that connection without overriding the previous hook. Fortunately you only need that intercept_join hook to run for a few seconds after your connection, so having a future command override it shouldn't be a problem.

A global option to "join channels minimized" would be worthwhile though.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't use a bnc, so I don't know what differences there are with it, but wouldn't just using /join -n (not /window -n) when joining a channel be enough?

Or even just set the default window behavior to minimized?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
T
TRT Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Thats not how a bnc works when hes not really joining new channels so this request sounds useful.

S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Originally Posted By: Riamus2

Or even just set the default window behavior to minimized?

how can i set that?

S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Originally Posted By: TRT
Thats not how a bnc works when hes not really joining new channels so this request sounds useful.

[21:30:30] (SHiZNO): so here's how attaching works...
[21:30:35] (SHiZNO): your client connects to znc
[21:30:53] (SHiZNO): znc loops through all of the channels that it is currently joined to
[21:31:19] (SHiZNO): for each channel that is not detached (znc setting) ... it will send a JOIN to the incoming client
[21:31:35] (SHiZNO): so your client never actually sends a join in this scenario
[21:32:27] (SHiZNO): the way irc works in general is that you type "/join #foo" in your client and then the client processes it and sends "JOIN :#foo" to the ircd
[21:33:09] (SHiZNO): then the server processes that and decides to join you to the channel or not (ex. makes sure +i or +k are enforced, etc.)
[21:34:41] (SHiZNO): if you can join, then it sends your client back a "JOIN :user!ident@host.com #channel" <-- that may be backwards
[21:34:49] (SHiZNO): and that tells your client to open the window
[21:35:01] (SHiZNO): so what znc does, is fakes that last command for each channel that it is already in
[21:35:22] (SHiZNO): which lets your client know that it just joined (even though it never sent a JOIN)
[21:36:34] (SHiZNO): your best hope would probably be if mIRC has an option for not popping up a channel at all by default, without needing the -n

p.s im not trying to teach you how irc work by pasting this.
tbh i learned when he told me
its just to let you (and others) know how znc works

Last edited by SiD69; 20/09/12 01:53 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for clarification. As I mentioned, I've never used a bnc, so wasn't sure what was different.

As far as the last line in that quote, you can do that with mIRC. Not positive if that's going to work the same in a bnc.

Open a channel and minimize it. Right click on the channel in the switchbar/treebar and choose Position > Set as default. New channels joined will open minimized. You may need to clear out any channel settings from mIRC.ini in order for channels you've been in before to open minimized as those may have their own settings already that Set as default won't override.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
thanks Riamus2
minimizing all channel, right click, position, set as default worked

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: SiD69
p.s on me:^*:JOIN:#:window -n # will still make lots of pop up windows

That's because you have too many arguments.

Try:
Code:
on *:join:#:{
  if ($nick == $me) { window -n $chan }
}

Or if you want to make it a little less wide:
Code:
on *:active:*:{ .timerawid -o 1 3 hadd -m Temp awid $activewid }
on *:join:#:{
  if (($nick == $me) && ($window($chan).wid != $hget(Temp,awid))) { window -n $chan }
}

That aside, I support the -n idea.

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Code:
That's because you have too many arguments.

The original ON JOIN event is valid, that's why it works. The problem is that the window is minimized after it is activated, so it causes a flicker and temporary focus reset, which is not ideal. Using /debug you can avoid this, though.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
B
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
B
thanks Riamus2
I use this too, but there's a problem with this: When I'm still connected to my bouncer (also ZNC), and it ping timeouts from the IRC server and it then reconnects, all the channels it joins then will still popup, which is annoying. Perhaps the earlier posted scripts in this thread can help but it'd be better if mIRC really did use the default setting as a default instead for these 'reconnect-cases'.

S
SiD69 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Originally Posted By: BenderUnit
thanks Riamus2
I use this too, but there's a problem with this: When I'm still connected to my bouncer (also ZNC), and it ping timeouts from the IRC server and it then reconnects, all the channels it joins then will still popup, which is annoying. Perhaps the earlier posted scripts in this thread can help but it'd be better if mIRC really did use the default setting as a default instead for these 'reconnect-cases'.

right

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Still relevant.

There really needs to be a "Join Channels Minimized" option.

Also to counter balance, "/join -a" so you can alias "/j /join -a #$1 $2-" for hand-typed joins that do pop up active.

I have 4~5 IRC clients, including two mIRC, connecting through my persistent ZNC session, and it becomes really obnoxious when ZNC force-joins either mIRC client to a channel that was either previously detached (due to inactivity) or because another client decided to join a channel. Reconnecting after an ISP hiccup is even worse, since mIRC is flooded with 50+ JOIN messages.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
/join -n is "join channel minimized"

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard