Print Thread
#238445 30/07/12 07:59 PM
J
jerod Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
since I upgraded to the new version I no longer have a right-click popup when right clicking on a name in a channel window..... how do I get that back?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
try type this in any window in mirc.
Code:
//var %f = $qt($findfile($nofile($mircini),popups.ini,1)) , %i = 1 | while ($gettok(-ps -pc -pq -pn -pm,%i,32)) { load $v1 %f | inc %i }

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
J
jerod Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
nope, that didn't do it

Its only the right click popup in a channel window that I lost.
Right click on a name in the names list and it works, right click on a name in the channel and nothing. yet there is the little hand icon on the name
dunno

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
try this one.. which message does this give you?

Code:
//var %x = $qt($mircdirscripts\popups.ini), %y = $qt($scriptdirpopups.ini), %z = $iif($exists(%x), %x, $iif($exists(%y), %y)) | if (!%z || (!$ini(%z, lpopup, 0))) echo -a * Error restoring popups | else { tokenize 32 -ps -pc -pq -pn -pm | load $* %z | echo -a * Popups Restored }

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Please type the following in mIRC and post the result here:

//echo -a $version $os $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $dll(0) $script(0) $com(0)

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
You may have an on hotlink event conflicting, try typing "/remote off" in any editbox of mIRC and see if you can right click a nickname in the channel window, don't forget to put your remote back on with "/remote on" whatever if it worked or not

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
J
jerod Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
kindone:

* Loaded popup 'C:\Program Files\mIRC\popups.ini'
-
-
-
-
-
* Popups Restored

still no right click on names

J
jerod Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
nope, didn't work

J
jerod Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
* Identifier locked in options dialog: $dll

this is crazy, it worked fine up to the minute I upgraded. Have any of you guys checked to see if you have a right click menu when you click on someones name inside the channel window?

J
jerod Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
OK this is weird, its working now.... what could have changed it???

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
The popups menu displayed when you right click a name in the nicklist and the popups menu displayed when you right click a name in the channel window is the same.
This would mean you don't have a problem of popups, the popup is there since it works in the nicklist.
Note that there's no way (without using external tools like a dll) to stop the default popups when you right click a name in the nicklist whereas it is possible to override the behavior when you right click a nickname inside the channel window.
Which is why I suggested turning remote off (that would prevent any code to override that behavior), and which is why you were asked to give some informations about your mirc settings (the //echo -a command).
Since you said it's working now, I'd triple check you have your remote on ($remote is 7).
Having your remote off would explain why it's working: a script is overriding the behavior.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
J
jerod Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
/remote on

* Remote is on (Ctcps,Events,Raw)

right click still works

so why would any of it have changed by simply upgrading the program?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
It randomly started working? If so, we don't have an answer for you-- you're leaving out important details to diagnosing exactly what happened.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
J
jerod Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
leaving out what?

All was working well. I upgraded. The right click menu when clicking on a name inside a channel didn't work. I did the suggestions you guys offered up. Still didn't work. Closed the program and reopened it, still didnt work. Read some more in here and nothing. Opened it again and the right click menu worked. There, leaving nothing out. I don't know. Thats truly exactly what happened, as it happened.

argv0, If you don't want to to help, don't. But don't go telling me I'm leaving things out when I was here watching it happen and you weren't. To the rest of you, thanks for your time and efforts.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Originally Posted By: jerod
Opened it again and the right click menu worked.

Dear jerod,

Computers are deterministic machines, things don't randomly fix themselves. Closing a program and reopening it is the equivalent of smashing your head against the wall and expecting something other than brain damage. I'm glad it worked for you, but the fact is, something else happened between those attempts. Either you were originally testing the popups incorrectly, or you made another change to your environment or mIRC. Just because you're "sure" nothing else happened, doesn't mean you didn't miss some other important detail. The point is that without this information, we can't help you further by telling you what happened.

In other words, I am trying to help you, but you need to provide more information if you want an answer to your last question:

Originally Posted By: jerod
so why would any of it have changed by simply upgrading the program?

Please don't get mad at me for asking you to provide information; this is the only way we can diagnose your problem. If you want to swear by the fact that absolutely nothing else occurred except for the exact details you listed above, then the answer to your question has to be:

WIZARDS.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard