Print Thread
P
Paruny Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
The help file says about nick colors:
"The Nick colors section allows you to assign colors to nicknames, which are then highlighted with their assigned colors in the channel nicknames list, and in any messages that those nicks send to channel or query windows."

So if I want to have "Bob"'s name in red I could do that? How?

I open the nick colors window, click enable nick colors, click add, chose a color, and in "nick or address" i enter "Bob" click ok... and nothing happens?

Bob is still black on white.

So what am i doing wrong?

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Did you make sure 'Method' is 'Message and Listbox', or at least 'ListBox'? Seeing as that is where you are trying to get color.

Lost in your digital reality.
#mIRC / #Helpdesk on DALnet.
P
Paruny Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Yes.

P
Paruny Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Any other suggestions?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Is Bob the only name you have in there? If not, you have to place BOB in order of importance, otherwise, any options ABOVE Bob will take dominance.

Do you have a script that colors nicknames that may be overriding the Address Book? My nicklist has multiple options in it and has for years now and it works fine. I have 14 different options in mine and they all fire the way they should, but I DONT have a script that does nick coloring.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
P
Paruny Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Originally Posted By: landonsandor
Is Bob the only name you have in there? If not, you have to place BOB in order of importance, otherwise, any options ABOVE Bob will take dominance.

I had some other names, but I deleted everything and only left "bob", still nothing.

Do you have a script that colors nicknames that may be overriding the Address Book? My nicklist has multiple options in it and has for years now and it works fine. I have 14 different options in mine and they all fire the way they should, but I DONT have a script that does nick coloring.

I have no idea what constitutes a script, I just installed this and is still on the trial and trying to get it to work.
I've tried adding text to the "Highlight" tab, and that seems to work (just a pity you can't sort it alphabetically, it's a bit of chore trying to figure out who you added or not) but the "nick colors" tab doesn't work for me.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
try this:

//echo -a $sctipt(0)

That will tell you how many script files you have running. Another thing you can try is:

/remote off

Then, join a channel and see if the nick coloring works. Scripts can overrule many of mirc's settings

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You wanted to type //echo -a $script(0) ?

not as you typed //echo -a $sctipt(0) wink

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
LOL yeah, wow, what a typo lol blush

P
Paruny Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
try this:

//echo -a $sctipt(0)

Ok, //echo -a $script(0)
prints a 1

That will tell you how many script files you have running. Another thing you can try is:

/remote off

Then, join a channel and see if the nick coloring works. Scripts can overrule many of mirc's settings

When i write that command i'm told "remote is off" but the script command still says "1"

And there is still to nick highlighting.

You just write their nick? You don't add " or <> or something like that?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
correct, in the address book you ONLY use their nickname, NOTHING else. When you turn the REMOTE OFF, even if you have a script loaded, this will disable it. let me ask this, was your mirc a clean instal? Did you get it from mirc's official download page or someplace else? If you downloaded it from mirc's official site, it's a clean instal, you've turned the address book on, are using the nickname proplery, then Im out of ideas of how to further guide you except to tell you to completely reinstall mirc.

I currently have 13 different settings (4 user levels, 2 idle timers, any nick Im using, opped, voiced, and on the 4 mirc internal user lists (auto op, auto voice, protect and ignore) in my nick colors and they all work fine.

let's try an experiment ok?

1) OUTSIDE of all channel, Erase EVERYTHING in the Nick Colors section of the address book.
2) Open the address book (ALT + B), go to Nick Colors, click Add
3) Pick a color you like
4) For Method, use "Message and Listbox"
5) check "Nick or Address"
6) in the field below, type your primary nickname
7) leave EVERYTHING else untouched
8) join a channel and see if your nickname is the color you chose
9) change your nickname to anything else and see if your nickname changes color (it should if your primary nickname is the only one on the list).
10) Report back here with your results.

Link Copied to Clipboard