mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#235965 23/01/12 11:28 PM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
I've used mIRC many times in the past on many different computers. However, when I installed mIRC just minutes ago and tried to open it nothing happened when I clicked on the mIRC icon. I tried a few more times and nothing happened. Then out of frustration I spam clicked it and got the blue screen of death.

I checked in my processes after trying to launch the program and there wasn't a mIRC process running. I later tried running it as an administrator and had no luck.

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice and only had the same results.

The version is 7.22 and this is a fresh install(literally, minutes ago).

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by supercoke; 23/01/12 11:30 PM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
An application like mIRC should not be able to crash your entire PC. That indicates a problem with your hardware, operating system, or drivers. chkdsk and memtest86+ are usually good places to start diagnosing these problems.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you are using anti-virus software that incorrectly thinks that mIRC is a trojan/virus, it may prevent mIRC from running. This is called a false-positive and usually happens when a company updates their virus definition files without checking them properly. Which anti-virus software are you using? If you disable it and then try to run mIRC, does that work?

S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Problem solved, I had to disable ad-watch live on my ad-aware to open mirc

H
Babel fish
Babel fish
H
You might want to consider the following before continuing with Ad-aware: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/11/lavasoft_has_new_owners/

mIRC 7.51, 64-bit Win-7/SP1 Home Premium
IRC Operator irc.Prison.NET

Link Copied to Clipboard