D
DeSync Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
Can we create or nuance for color.

For example: if we make color with red: 109 ; green: 201 ; blue: 199

That color is not standard in color sheme in mIRC.

I've tryed use $rgb() but it's not helpful.

For example: if we change default blue color, which is with number 12 to some light blue, and when we copy to someone with CTRL he gots text with darker blue, as it is default.

So if we can create some default colors to be able to post them anywhere.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Colors that the other person sees, to the best of my knowledge, are based upon the color scheme that they have.
Thus if you changed the color blue (2) to look like color blue (12) and then referenced color 2, only you would see the different color as the other person/people would, probably, still have the default colors.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As RussellB stated, you cannot control what others see in that way. They can choose to use your colors if they want to, but you cannot force them to use your colors. If you want something to look "good" to other people, it's best to stick with default mIRC colors because most people use the default colors. If you use custom colors, you might be mixing colors in an awkward way that doesn't look good when others view them. If you're just displaying things locally, then changing colors to make something look "better" is fine.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
DeSync Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
So there's no some standard for colors for example if there is function

$mkcolor(154, 164, 232) (Some lighter blue) that everyone see color in that format.

I think that should be fine to add to mIRC, like ASCII is standard for any programming language as far as I know.

Example: I use ascii chars from mIRC when coding with PHP.

Also $ctime, it counts from 01/01/1970 00:00:00 in PHP also.

So I guess, now I can use only locally. Nothing for other users.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Additional colors have been requested many times, but as of now that is not possible when sending text to other people.

There have been a variety of suggestions on how best to offer more colors, from just increasing the number of colors to allowing the full RGB scale. If additional colors are added at some point, we'll just have to see how many are added and how we have access to them.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Personally, I'd like to see the 6-bit RGB palette added to mIRC.
Control-k plus two numerical digits. 00 through 15 would definitely stay the same. I'd suggest making 20 through 83 be made into the 64 colour palette, but not in sequential order.

The reds and red-likes would closely match those four reds within that range it's replacing. 20, 36, 52, and 68 would be replaced by the four most red colours in the 64 palette colour. And so on with the other colours, as best as possible. This way it won't be too odd for those who are using old clients.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Some servers have font code that would allow you to send any color you want, but still on mirc you are forced to 16 colors so you have to decide whether the blueish color is more like #2 or #10 or #12. An option would be creating a webchat window in mirc where you embed an html or java page and send the chat text, colors, emoticons, etc. to it. The problem still is how other people see your colors and since mirc only has 16, unless they had the webchat script then there isn't much you can do.

Link Copied to Clipboard