mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the feedback Chris - I have not received any emails from you recently - if you could resend your email to khaled@mirc.com that would be appreciated. I too was unable to view the pictures in your above post.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Try these images:
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac300/chrisalog/1.png
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac300/chrisalog/issue.png

The email I sent was nothing important just to inform you I was still having issues.

Hope this helps! frown

Last edited by Chrislog; 05/10/10 06:45 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, I have made another small change to the display caching that may help resolve this. The change should be in the next version.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Sadly this issue still occurs in mIRC7.14..

Is there any other things maybe my Windows 7 settings/configuration, Aero Peek, etc that could be causing this issue?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I was hoping that v7.14 would resolve it for you since the display caching code is now really strict and window-specific. I will need to review this thread again from the beginning to see if I missed something and will let you know if I need any more information.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Any luck on this so far? It's quite annoying to be hanging back at 6.35, I feel out dated frown

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Are you connecting via any kind of bouncer or proxy service by any chance? If so, does the problem still occur when connecting directly?

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
I do not use bouncers or proxies, no.
I use what I've always used, and everything is the same as it was when I had 6.35 running, no problems with 6.35, only 7.* frown

I'm using Windows 7 Professional, Dual Monitors - 1 Dedicated to mIRC and the other for everything else.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Sadly Khaled, this error is still occuring in mIRC version 7.15. frown
It seems to be getting worse too. smirk

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have never been able to reproduce this issue and so far the only fixes I have applied do not seem to have helped, so I am not sure what else to look for. If we could find a way of reproducing the issue, I would be able to track down the cause. Since no one else has reported this issue, it may be that it is related to something specific to your system, such as your graphics card driver. Which processor and graphics card are you using? Are you using the latest drivers?

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Originally Posted By: Khaled
I have never been able to reproduce this issue and so far the only fixes I have applied do not seem to have helped, so I am not sure what else to look for. If we could find a way of reproducing the issue, I would be able to track down the cause. Since no one else has reported this issue, it may be that it is related to something specific to your system, such as your graphics card driver. Which processor and graphics card are you using? Are you using the latest drivers?

Since you released 7.17, when I connect to a network, it displays ONE line, and the rest is cut off, upon connecting, sometimes it also displays half way up the screen.
This is with ALL Scripts unloaded, etc.

I can't use this version even if I tried.
I still have no idea what is causing it either. frown

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Originally Posted By: Chrislog
Originally Posted By: Khaled

Since you released 7.17, when I connect to a network, it displays ONE line, and the rest is cut off, upon connecting, sometimes it also displays half way up the screen.
This is with ALL Scripts unloaded, etc.

I can't use this version even if I tried.
I still have no idea what is causing it either. frown

Also I just realised I never got around to posting my Specs.

Windows Edition:
Windows 7 Professional

System;
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 4.00GB (3.25 GB usable)
System type: 32-bit Operating System
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Graphics Card Driver Version: 8.791.0.0

Hope this helps frown

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard