mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Chrislog Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 22/08/10 03:19 AM
Odd problem when using mIRC7.1 (Not neccesarily chatting or doing anything)
mIRC randomly starts displaying content from other channels in the active window after it's been open for a while (no approx timescale)..

Ex: #Channel content is displaying in #Channel.Two and when I switch to #Channel stuff from #Channel.Two is displaying in #Channel... It seems to get worse as I switch channels, and this happens randomly without any known reason.. It does it with all the channels once you start changing window to see if the others are alright..

Anyone have any solutions to this, as it's becoming increasingly annoying to restart mIRC all the time and I've tried unstalling and re-installing the program, but it doesn't seem to solve anything..
Posted By: RusselB Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 22/08/10 03:44 AM
Please enter the following and report back the results
Code:
//echo -a $os $version $md5($mircexe,2) $file(mirc.exe).sig $script(0) $dll(0)

Quickly, and without that information, my first guess is that you have a script installed that is capturing the text, then echoing it in your active channel.
Posted By: FroggieDaFrog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 22/08/10 07:50 AM
Are you using the treeview/treebar?
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 22/08/10 10:40 AM
Originally Posted By: RusselB
Please enter the following and report back the results
Code:
//echo -a $os $version $md5($mircexe,2) $file(mirc.exe).sig $script(0) $dll(0)

Quickly, and without that information, my first guess is that you have a script installed that is capturing the text, then echoing it in your active channel.

7 7.1 972d762e7e0ce8540400eebaaccd0ee0 fail 14 0

Originally Posted By: FroggieDaFrog
Are you using the treeview/treebar?

Treebar, Yes
Posted By: RusselB Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 22/08/10 06:43 PM
The information you have given tells me that you have 14 scripts loaded.
Unload all of those scripts or install mIRC to a clean directory (no scripts, no add-ons).

Additionally I have to wonder where you got your copy of mIRC, since the signature on the executable failed.

You should download mIRC from here

After doing this see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't, then it is a matter of a script that you have loaded, as I originally suspected.
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 22/08/10 10:07 PM
I only ever download mIRC from this site.. and I'm a registered user of mIRC. I don't lack common sense when it comes to downloading. But I shall reinstall it to a clean directory.

Edit: Also, I've downloaded mIRC yet again from mirc.com, and it still fails it's own signature. I right click for Properties on mirc.exe and the Digital Signature is Listed.

Apparant issue with command you supplied as it 'fails' all the time.

7 7.1 972d762e7e0ce8540400eebaaccd0ee0 fail 1 0
Posted By: argv0 Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 22/08/10 11:07 PM
Something is certainly wrong with your install. Do an uninstall before reinstalling and make sure you delete all your settings first (you can back them up first, if you want). If this problem persists it could be a problem with windows.
Posted By: Collective Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 22/08/10 11:31 PM
It's likely failing because there is no mirc.exe in $mircdir in a default install. Try: //echo -a $file([color:red]$mircexe).sig[/color]
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 23/08/10 03:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Collective
It's likely failing because there is no mirc.exe in $mircdir in a default install. Try: //echo -a $file([color:red]$mircexe).sig[/color]

Response: ok
Appears you are right on that. smile

Also I'm still having the issue, without any scripts loaded. I've NEVER had any problems with Previous versions. This is ridiculous.

Anyone got the mIRC6.35 installer? I'd like to revert to that version. Can't be doing with it breaking all the time when I have important stuff I need to deal with smirk
Posted By: argv0 Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 24/08/10 10:10 PM
By any chance are you using mIRC under Wine?
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 25/08/10 06:40 AM
Wine? No - I download mIRC from mirc.com/get.html, I install it from there and then open and run it from there. It's rather odd why this bug happens as I haven't had any previous problems with any of my scripts on previous versions.. 6.35 Still works perferct for me.. 7.1 Just starts showing conversations from other channels in the active window smirk
Posted By: 5618 Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 25/08/10 08:22 AM
Are you sure that you tested this in a clean install? Were no scripts, DLLs, etc. loaded at the time?

Do the channels from where the text originates or where it ends up in contain any special characters by any chance?
Posted By: Khaled Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 25/08/10 11:37 AM
It is possible that this is related to the issue reported here which has been fixed for the next version. I should be releasing a public beta within the next week or so (it will be announced in the bug reports section) - if you could try that when it comes out and let us know if the issue is still there that would be appreciated.
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 25/08/10 03:22 PM
Hmm, it doesn't seem to have done it since I unloaded all of Remotes and Restarted it, I'll try loading in the scripts one by one to see if anything happens.. It's totally random when it happens though.. Thanks Khaled but I can't be sure it's the same problem as I'm having, I will screenshot it the next time it happens and post it here. Thanks
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 25/08/10 04:13 PM
Excuse the double post.

I kept all the scripts unloaded and waited it out, it seems the issue reproduced itself, I screenshot the problem.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac300/chrisalog/oddbug.png

Whenever it happens and I or someone say's something in the active window, more stuff from other channels I have open appears in active window. When I scroll up, it's like its changing as I scroll and it adds more stuff again.. When I minimize and maximize the window, the display fault is gone... and it looks how it should, without the mixture of stuff from other windows.

Hope this helps
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 28/08/10 01:16 AM
Anyone have anymore ideas? ^
Posted By: Khaled Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 29/08/10 11:28 AM
Thanks, this looks like it is the same issue. If it is still present in the public beta (which should be released in the next week or so) please let me know.
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 29/08/10 10:39 PM
Ah ok, thanks Khaled smile
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 26/09/10 12:52 AM
This problem still occurs in Beta Khaled, below is some screenshots I took of the problem occuring in Beta.

http://img843.imageshack.us/i/26200237.png
http://img39.imageshack.us/i/issueb.png

Any Help would be appreciated, I also emailed you but recieved no reply.

Regards,

Chris
Posted By: drum Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 26/09/10 08:10 AM
Chrislog, your images from your last post do not load properly for me.
Posted By: Khaled Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 26/09/10 09:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback Chris - I have not received any emails from you recently - if you could resend your email to khaled@mirc.com that would be appreciated. I too was unable to view the pictures in your above post.
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 05/10/10 06:44 PM
Try these images:
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac300/chrisalog/1.png
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac300/chrisalog/issue.png

The email I sent was nothing important just to inform you I was still having issues.

Hope this helps! frown
Posted By: Khaled Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 10/10/10 09:22 AM
Thanks, I have made another small change to the display caching that may help resolve this. The change should be in the next version.
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 15/10/10 12:56 PM
Sadly this issue still occurs in mIRC7.14..

Is there any other things maybe my Windows 7 settings/configuration, Aero Peek, etc that could be causing this issue?
Posted By: Khaled Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 15/10/10 03:18 PM
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I was hoping that v7.14 would resolve it for you since the display caching code is now really strict and window-specific. I will need to review this thread again from the beginning to see if I missed something and will let you know if I need any more information.
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 22/10/10 08:37 PM
Any luck on this so far? It's quite annoying to be hanging back at 6.35, I feel out dated frown
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 22/10/10 08:54 PM
Are you connecting via any kind of bouncer or proxy service by any chance? If so, does the problem still occur when connecting directly?
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 25/10/10 02:22 AM
I do not use bouncers or proxies, no.
I use what I've always used, and everything is the same as it was when I had 6.35 running, no problems with 6.35, only 7.* frown

I'm using Windows 7 Professional, Dual Monitors - 1 Dedicated to mIRC and the other for everything else.
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 15/11/10 06:56 PM
Sadly Khaled, this error is still occuring in mIRC version 7.15. frown
It seems to be getting worse too. smirk
Posted By: Khaled Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 15/11/10 08:12 PM
I have never been able to reproduce this issue and so far the only fixes I have applied do not seem to have helped, so I am not sure what else to look for. If we could find a way of reproducing the issue, I would be able to track down the cause. Since no one else has reported this issue, it may be that it is related to something specific to your system, such as your graphics card driver. Which processor and graphics card are you using? Are you using the latest drivers?
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 21/12/10 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Khaled
I have never been able to reproduce this issue and so far the only fixes I have applied do not seem to have helped, so I am not sure what else to look for. If we could find a way of reproducing the issue, I would be able to track down the cause. Since no one else has reported this issue, it may be that it is related to something specific to your system, such as your graphics card driver. Which processor and graphics card are you using? Are you using the latest drivers?

Since you released 7.17, when I connect to a network, it displays ONE line, and the rest is cut off, upon connecting, sometimes it also displays half way up the screen.
This is with ALL Scripts unloaded, etc.

I can't use this version even if I tried.
I still have no idea what is causing it either. frown
Posted By: Chrislog Re: Odd problem [mIRC 7.1] - 23/12/10 07:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Chrislog
Originally Posted By: Khaled

Since you released 7.17, when I connect to a network, it displays ONE line, and the rest is cut off, upon connecting, sometimes it also displays half way up the screen.
This is with ALL Scripts unloaded, etc.

I can't use this version even if I tried.
I still have no idea what is causing it either. frown

Also I just realised I never got around to posting my Specs.

Windows Edition:
Windows 7 Professional

System;
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
Installed memory(RAM): 4.00GB (3.25 GB usable)
System type: 32-bit Operating System
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Graphics Card Driver Version: 8.791.0.0

Hope this helps frown
© mIRC Discussion Forums