Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
It's posible to be a beta tester for mIRC pls ? grin

Sorry for my english

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Every time you download a released version, your beta testing. >:D All you have to do is report the flaws to the forums, and you;ve done your job. grin

-KingTomato
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
grin but where is write the build .. or beta 13 .. Or somt. like this ? smile And where i can take the undocumented function of mirc smirk ?

Poor english smile I know

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There are no private betas released of mirc. All version of mirc are released, with the intent of users posting suggestions and problems they may find. The best you can do to be a beta tester, is download the newest version, and post any bugs in the bugs forum.

-KingTomato
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
How frequent the mirc update ? How often i need to download the mirc ? smirk

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The best you can do is just check the website, or join the mailing list. To join the mailing list, please click Here

-KingTomato
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
"There are no private betas released of mirc."

I know some versions of mIRC have had private beta testing. When 6.0 was released, and everyone complained about the beveled edge on the chat box, Many moderators on this forum, and some unfamiliar people said that they had been using it for weeks/months before release; and that we would eventually get used to it, as they had done. I'm sure there are private beta's in circulation now, However, the testers are probably sworn to secrecy. Heh, these are probably the same people who show little patience with people who ask when the next version is released.

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
mIRC Help File -> Acknowledgements... 'The mIRC Beta-testers, past and present, for their hard work in catching bugs and suggesting features.'

It's like a wall of fallen soldiers with stars and no names, sworn to secrecy.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
Quote:

Heh, these are probably the same people who show little patience with people who ask when the next version is released.

After you've been involved in the mIRC community for a few years, you'll treat that question like a little kid in the back seat asking "are we there yet?" every 2 minutes on a long car ride.

It's just plain irritating, more so every time you have to deal with it. With the current generation of warez pups, this isn't as big of deal anymore, but used to be one of the top three questions in #mirc easily.

-c

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
So are you saying you know when the next version of mIRC will be out and you just won't tell us???? j/k wink

A
Babel fish
Babel fish
A
If there is no beta version, what does the $beta identifier stands for? I know it isn't documented, but it returns $true or $false.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It was put there by the devil to make you believe that a beta list exists, and so you ask many annoying questions about things that we'd rather not tell you about because they should not concern you... much like dinosaur bones. </religious_satire>

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard