mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#224893 21/08/10 06:30 AM
E
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
E
is there anyway to get highlight in channels, without the channelname highlights.

e.g i wan't highlight on my nickname, and when that is highlighted i want the channel to flash in another color than the normal. so far so good, easy to do this,

next i want to highlight on a word, lets say the word "hello" - however i don't want the channel to flash in another color, but still the text in the channel to be highlighted...

please advice !

J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
unfortunately, there only exists a single universal highlight colour for the switchbar/treebar items (modifiable in Display options). it's possible to script this behaviour though, here's a small example:

Code:
on ^*:text:*:*:{
  var %w = @ $+ $window($iif(#, #, $nick)).wid
  if ($window(%w).sbcolor != highlight) && ($1- !isnum) && ($highlight($1-) == hello) .timer 1 0 window -g1 %w
}

this requires the highlight entry for 'hello' to have the lowest precedence (to be at the end of the list in Highlight options) otherwise messages containing both 'hello' and your nick will satisfy the given if statement, since $highlight() will locate the entry for 'hello' first.

and you can use on ACTION if you want this script to affect actions too. let me know if you want an example

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde

Link Copied to Clipboard