mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The server might've been down temporarily or you might have a firewall active that is blocking outgoing connections. Windows firewall might do this, but if you have any anti-virus software it could be doing this too. Also make sure you don't have mIRC's proxy settings active (Alt+O -> Connect -> Firewall "Connection" should be set to None)

The server works for me now, you should try it again.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
T
Hi i have having trouble on the web chat i get

[23:59] Connecting...
[23:59] Unable to connect : java.net.UnknownHostException : irc.pchnet.org

so the website admin gave me this to try /server miracle.us.pchnet.org then i get this

[00:06] Connecting...
[00:06] Unable to connect : java.net.UnknownHostException : miracle.us.pchnet.org

so then they tell me to download mIRC so i did and i get this

Connecting to irc.pchnet.org (6667)
Unable to resolve server

this has been happen for a week and a half so i dont think its mine dnl <<< w/e it is but i have been able to get on before this i dont have a clue about any thing like this smile hope i gave the right info oh and i use Norton and windows vista

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

It resolved fine here. You could just use the ip until it clears up... which it will... sooner or later.

miracle.us.pchnet.org = 67.23.19.154

Last edited by RoCk; 02/04/10 02:00 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If the IP doesn't work either, then you have IRC blocked through a firewall or router. Or your ISP is blocking it (such as if you're at college).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
T
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
T
Originally Posted By: RoCk

It resolved fine here. You could just use the ip until it clears up... which it will... sooner or later.

miracle.us.pchnet.org = 67.23.19.154

umm how do i do that i really have no clue about these kinda things lol

Originally Posted By: Riamus2
If the IP doesn't work either, then you have IRC blocked through a firewall or router. Or your ISP is blocking it (such as if you're at college).

i am at home.. and how can i check the fire wall and the router thing

and thank you both for trying to help me out

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Originally Posted By: timinykoi

/server 67.23.19.154

RoCk #219904 02/04/10 02:38 PM
T
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
T
Originally Posted By: RoCk

Originally Posted By: timinykoi

/server 67.23.19.154

well that worked thank you so much laugh

D
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
D
when i try to connect to abjects i get a connection refused message. any ideas why or how to fix it? i was connected before and went to connect yesterday and got the refused message. sometimes it is refused other times i get connection timed out

Connecting to irc.abjects.net (1024)
-
[10:36am] * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

Last edited by djsparky; 10/04/10 03:42 PM.
C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Originally Posted By: djsparky
when i try to connect to abjects i get a connection refused message. any ideas why or how to fix it? i was connected before and went to connect yesterday and got the refused message. sometimes it is refused other times i get connection timed out

Connecting to irc.abjects.net (1024)
-
[10:36am] * Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

Looks like you are trying to connect to the wrong port try /server irc.abjects.net 6667

Happy mIRC user on Linux
D
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
D
that would be the problem, connected almost instantly that time. thanks for helping!!

T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
Hello,

I've been trying for a while to connect to a server from my laptop. I'm getting the following error message:

* Connect retry #3 ircnet.eversible.com (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Network is down)

This might sound like an easy one but I know the network is actually not down. I can reach it without a problem on our main computer in the house at this moment.

I'm on windows XP, I tried making sure mIRC and the port is allowed in windows firewall, I tried disabling it all together, this didn't help me. I'm not using any other firewalls.

I'm using mIRC version 6.35.

We have a Phillips router. I'm not sure why it works on the other pc and not on the laptop, anyone have any ideas?

W
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
W
anyone use karaoke realm? I'm a registered user and can't get on...email is gfbecker@comcast.net

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Doing a search for Karaoke Realm will return a few topics, including posts that show that they have closed and those that were using it have moved to other locations.

J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
J
I have not been able to connect I have spent hours and hours going through all the websites and these posts and tried to find every little box to check and uncheck that might be preventing my successfully connecting with no luck. I paid the $20 no luck even successfully having that count. I took off all firewalls - no help- I called ATT and they said they did not block mIRC. The only thing I found is that the Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0 which one post said was not good but did not say what to do about it. ARG I just keep getting the same message
unable to connect connection refused
Any Help???

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Have you tried other servers, networks, and ports?

Invision Support
J
J
I have tried many servers listed in the mIRC directory and some I found in my travels through this support system but as for networks and ports I do not know how to do that...actually I did try some address to websites that I thought were to be placed in the mIRC site and found chatcircuit.com and tried some of them and got a different message "unable to resolve server" so at least I am getting a different message but still not able to connect so maybe you can tell me how to connect to different ports, maybe that will do the trick.

Last edited by jane_au; 28/07/10 05:10 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Here's an example:

/server irc.undernet.org 6665
/server irc.undernet.org 6667

As a note, some servers/networks support ports that others do not support. If you check the website for a network, it may tell you the supported ports. Otherwise, you can just test with common IRC server ports.

You might also try connecting using the server's IP address instead of the name. For example:

/server 111.111.111.111 6667

Note that the IP listed there isn't a valid IRC server IP address (as far as I know). You'd need to replace it with a valid one. You can find server IP addresses on the network's website or by doing a lookup by the server name or a variety of other ways.

Regarding your comment about websites... you cannot connect to a website within mIRC. That's why you receive unable to resolve server.

Invision Support
J
J
Since you are communicating with a "newbie" I need to know where to type all of these things. Where do I get the numbers
111.111.111.1 and where exactly do I type them
In the address box in internet explorer or somewhere on the mIRC site?

I have found websited that have servers and when I click on them they bring up mIRC and ask if I want to try to connect with that server and when I say yes it tries but is unsuccessful so there is still something wrong on my end.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You type commands like that into mIRC (in the edit bar on the bottom). I gave some examples of where to find IP addresses. You should start with the network's website. For example, Undernet's website is www.undernet.org (first link in Google if you search for Undernet). On the main page, you'll see a link to their servers ( http://www.undernet.org/servers.php ) and that will show you the server names and the ports that are valid for them.

So, for example, you can type one of these:
/server Vancouver.BC.CA.Undernet.org 6667
/server bucharest.ro.eu.undernet.org 6665

Note that with the second one, I chose a port within the range that was given.

If you want the IP address, Undernet doesn't appear to list those, so you can do a lookup online. Here's one IP Address Lookup site: http://www.urgentclick.com/ip_address_lookup.php

So, if I type in bucharest.ro.eu.undernet.org that I found on Undernet's site, I get an IP address of 82.76.255.62. I can then use:

/server 82.76.255.62 6665

Invision Support
J
J
Since we have exhasted all efforts to connect to mIRC thinking it is a server problem, maybe it is not. Is there a way to find out if the problem is my computer. I have turned off the firewalls and that has not helped. Maybe there is some box that is checked in some properties window that is blocking my connection with mIRC. I remember "ping"ing when I have had tech support before with connection problems with Internet Providers can we try something like that and how do I do that?

Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard