Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#222277 15/06/10 03:33 PM
D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
When scrolling back up in the buffer, quite often I see this condition where when hovering over a link it is not click-able, but with a click-able area one line down.(often in the middle of nowhere). This condition is usually fixed by scrolling up again, but can be quite surprising at first.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
I've experienced this as well, although I can't seem to reproduce it reliably. Just now I tried several times to cause it to happen again but it happened only once. In my case, the link itself is unclickable (and double-clicking in that area just opens the channel central window) but there is a clickable region exactly one line above (not below) the link, although that may just be because of the direction I was scrolling?

I just got it to happen again, this time the clickable area was TWO lines above the link.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
OK, I was able to reproduce it again, and this time I found out something interesting. It appears that the problem is actually not with the link -- it's with the displaying of the text itself. In other words, the clickable region is in the correct spot but all of the text is being shifted up or down by 1 or 2 lines compared to what it should be displaying.

For example, just now I experienced a URL where the clickable region was one line above the URL text. I then clicked once on the UP scroll arrow, which should advance the text downward by one line. However, the window text did not move when I did this, but now the URL text lines up correctly with the clickable region. If I keep pressing the UP arrow, it will work normally from then on.

Last edited by drum; 15/06/10 06:34 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm assuming you mean this? (Video related)

However, this isn't just limited to URLs. I tested it with joins, and the same issue also occurs.

URLs Joins

Amazingly, this stretches back to 6.35.

What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: Jigsy
I'm assuming you mean this? (Video related)

No, that is an unrelated issue.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I don't understand the problem too, could you precise what's the issues ?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1561/19729867.png

The above is a cropped screenshot of mIRC, where I have added red and green outlines.

When the mouse hovers over the green area -- where the URL is displayed -- the mouse cursor does NOT change and clicking in this area does NOT launch the URL.

When the mouse hovers over the red outline, the mouse cursor changes to the usual "finger pointing" cursor and double-clicking on this region launches the URL.

You can move the mouse cursor around all you want, and the behavior remains until you scroll the window up or down, at which point it will correct itself. Right-clicking also seems to cause the window to fix (by shifting all text up one line).

It's just an issue with mIRC not redrawing the window correctly under some circumstances when scrolling. It only happens occasionally, but I've reproduced it at least 4 times today.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
On which $os did you see this happening ? I'm using this feature a lot and never reproduce this on xp

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Are you talking about the cursor not resetting to the default cursor when you scroll (pgup,pgdown) when your mouse was originally hovering over a url?

If so, that happens in programs other than mIRC. For instance, my Chrome install also has this behaviour. Not saying it's not a bug, but it's fairly common.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You don't have a theme or anything do you?

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Nop, see jigsy's post

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Let me make a few things clear:

This only happens occasionally when manually scrolling up in a window. I'm not talking about when someone speaks in a channel which causes all text to "scroll" upward. I'm talking about using the mouse wheel or scroll bar to scroll up in a window to view lines that are no longer visible in the window.

When the problem occurs, moving the mouse cursor does not change the behavior. I am well aware of the way mIRC does not update the mouse cursor until the cursor is moved even if the text below the mouse cursor changes due to scrolling. This is completely unrelated!

I do not modify mIRC's default channel output at all. I use only a very small amount of scripts that I myself wrote. Other than changing the font to Tahoma, you'll notice the screenshot I gave is standard mIRC output. I don't have any ON HOTLINK events. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Confirming this again. Happens to me multiple times everyday.
Conditions to reproduce it so far:

-Must be scrolled up in the buffer.
-There must be a link in there.
-A line(a message if in a chan) must be added in the window.
-Links then do not appear as clickable.

To resolve: scroll up again and the links become clickable again

Possible other needed conditions:
-I think that everytime it happened I was hovering already another link(ie 2 links present in the buffer)

EDIT: oh and as drum said, moving the cursor is not enough. One must *scroll* to fix it.

EDIT2: it's also present in 7.05 btw

Last edited by DeathWolf; 23/06/10 02:50 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think this time I managed to reproduce what you were talking about in 6.35. (I forgot to load 7.05 :P)

This.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: Jigsy
I think this time I managed to reproduce what you were talking about in 6.35. (I forgot to load 7.05 :P)

This.

Haha, I appreciate the amount of effort you put into it by supplying a video, but this is not the bug either. Perhaps I will get around to making a video of my own if it is this difficult to understand what I am describing.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks this issue should be fixed for the next version.

D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
7.06 did not seem to fix the issue(I'm still getting it here)

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: DeathWolf
7.06 did not seem to fix the issue(I'm still getting it here)

I still experience it as well.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It looks like I fixed the issue that argv0 mentioned, which has been in mIRC for many versions.

I have been unable to reproduce the issue that you have described unfortunately. Was this issue present in mIRC v6.35 as well? Would you be able to find a step by step method of reproducing it? eg. perhaps creating a script that outputs lines (some of which are links) to a @window and then performing certain actions that cause the issue to happen?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I may have found the cause of this issue - it is difficult to reproduce on demand - let's see if the next version resolves the issue for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard