mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#211024 01/04/09 03:42 AM
J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Im having trouble port forwarding. I put all necessary information in but its saying its an invalid ip address. I have typed the ip address in my browser but its actually showing me that I have two ip addresses ...the one will work when i put it in the browswer but it tells me that its invalid. The other when I put it in the browser it doesnt even recognize it. Help please? Im so lost

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
so are we. What is "it" that's saying you have an invalid ip address? We can't really do much to help you with port forwarding unless you're asking for some mIRC specific information. If you just want to forward ports for identd/dcc, check out http://www.portforward.com -- there are sections dedicated to helping you setup mIRC on various routers.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Thats exactly what I was doing. I went to that link and followed all the necessary information but its telling me that the ip address is invalid. I tried the other ip address in the browser and its not even recognized.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
When port-forwarding there are two types of IP addresses to worry about: external IP addresses (allocated by your ISP to your router), and internal IP addresses (allocated by your router to your computers).

Your router and your PC should have each have an internal address starting with 192.168, 10 or 172, both of which you'll need to know to be able to forward ports from one to the other. You should be able to open your router's configuration page by typing its IP address in your browser, for example: http://192.168.0.1

Your external IP address (shown in your /whois or by whatismyip.com) isn't usually needed when forwarding ports, but take a note of it anyway.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quoting the pages @ portforward.com ...
Quote:

If you do not know exactly what you are doing or are having problems, Start Here.

It's a lot of reading, but it does cover most any scenario you might run across, including forcing an internal IP address from your computer to the router.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard