mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
erm, i'm assuming multiple posts are allowed, since i can't edit my above post with this response.

i reinstalled the mirc, and it still got the error, same as before. doesn't seem to have done anything different to it.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The application data folder is now used by mIRC as a default location for the data, not the executable.

This was introduced to maintain harmony with systems running Windows XP and Vista where multiple users can have varying accounts and access.

Multiple posts are definetely allowed, as the forum restricts the amount of time allowed to edit a post. It's been a while since I ran into that situation, but I believe you have one hour.

Last edited by RusselB; 20/01/09 12:06 AM.
E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
so... what should be my next course of action to try and get mirc to stop erroring? cause it's incredibly annoying. i suppose i could just run an entirely clean installation of mirc, and not copy my configuration settings over, and just set up a few highlights as i need, and all that kind of stuff. i don't know where the problem lies with this, cause it's not my scripts or anything like that as far as i've seen, those were all disabled and such and it still happened.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Quote:
what should be my next course of action to try and get mirc to stop erroring? cause it's incredibly annoying. i suppose i could just run an entirely clean installation of mirc,

Have you tried this alternative ? Install a clean mirc 6.35 and then check, I'm sure mirc will not crash.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
i uninstalled my last mirc, then redownloaded the installation files, reinstalled it, and just copied the configuration settings over cause i find the default to be ugly, and i wanted my highlights and stuff. that's all i've done with the mirc i'm on now.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
A clean install means that you just install mIRC and use it as it is, no script loaded or dll etc...
Use a real clean install of mIRC 6.35.

E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
alright, will do. i didn't load any of my scripts this past time. can i still add my highlights and stuff manually?

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
The only thing you can do is change the options that mirc provided, like the highlight part if you want.

E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
that's all i did last time i reinstalled it, i just copied the configuration settings over, for the server list, favorites, colors, highlights, etc. it was all in that same file. so far i'm good, but the default colors really suck, lol. maximized irc on a 22" screen with a white background burns the eyes, but i'm trying to keep the configuration settings as minimal as possible right now.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
After you've run mIRC with just the default settings for a bit, to determine if the problem reoccurs with a clean version, then I would suggest altering your settings one at a time and wait for a bit between changes to see if the problem re-occurs.

Eventually you will either have mIRC running without the problem and all of your settings and scripts loaded, or you will have hit a point where the problem re-occurs, in which case, you will have more detailed information to give us in regards to the change that caused the problem to re-occur.

Regarding the colours sucking, that's a matter of personal preference. I run mIRC maximized on a 24" wide-screen with default colours, and I have no problems with them.

Last edited by RusselB; 21/01/09 07:23 AM.
E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
could just be my brightness or something too, but yeah, my plan was to slowly reset my settings, which will probably take a while, but i need my mirc to be stable. seems good so far, all i've done with it is set a few basic highlights, with the default beep, and taken off the line thing that goes across the screen, and stopped it from minimizing to the tray, i hate the line and minimizing to the tray >.>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard