mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#203242 09/08/08 09:47 PM
O
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
I haven't scripted in about a year, but I can't seem to call scripts to use for mIRC within the C:\Program Files\mIRC directory. Why does it call it from Appdata now instead? I have never use the folder Appdata for anything. Is there a way to work around this? This is very confusing and a real pain.

Thanks in advance for any help.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
This thread provides a good explanation and a "workarround"
smile

O
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
heh its greek to me, I guess I don't understand

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If this was greek, how will you be able to script?

quit mirc, then move all the files that mirc put into appdata/roaming/mirc/ into the mirc.exe's folder. If mirc put any settings files into a folder below roaming/mirc/ then be sure to put them into the same subfolder beneath mirc.exe's folder.

Then when you start up mirc, it should see the mirc.ini in the same folder where mirc.exe is located, and use it from there.

Additionally, you will probably have trouble doing it this way under vista if you install mirc beneath c:\program files\, so try installing mirc again into somewhere else, such as c:\mirc\

O
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
Originally Posted By: maroon
If this was greek, how will you be able to script?

quit mirc, then move all the files that mirc put into appdata/roaming/mirc/ into the mirc.exe's folder. If mirc put any settings files into a folder below roaming/mirc/ then be sure to put them into the same subfolder beneath mirc.exe's folder.

Then when you start up mirc, it should see the mirc.ini in the same folder where mirc.exe is located, and use it from there.

Additionally, you will probably have trouble doing it this way under vista if you install mirc beneath c:\program files\, so try installing mirc again into somewhere else, such as c:\mirc\

I actually figured it out smile thanks, and try to be nice, didn't really care for the first line in your post

Link Copied to Clipboard