mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
B
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
B
Can someone help me fix this issue? It's rather hard to play the idlerpg game with this always happening!!

BonM

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
First, DNS Pool isn't an error. It's just telling you that it's trying multiple servers that use the same IP/Host.

As far as the software caused error... if you read through this topic, you will find all known possible solutions. Yes, it's a huge topic, but it is more likely you'll find your answer by reading through it than by asking the same questions over and over and just making the topic that much longer. More than likely, by asking, you'll get a couple of possible solutions that won't help you, where if you look through the topic, you're more likely to find one that will work for you. Just a thought. smile

Reconnecting a few times a day isn't a big deal. It all depends on your connection.

And as far as not being able to connect, make sure you don't have a firewall or antivirus program that updated itself and decided to flag mIRC or IRC and being possibly dangerous and prevent it from connecting. Check your router for the same settings regarding IRC.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
Okay, I have been getting this 10053 problem trying to connect to my server. I have done everything suggested, from turning my firewall completly off to see if that would work, tried every port from 6000-7005, got rid of msn and everything else suggested here and by friends of mine. I still get

"Connecting to irc.utonet.org (7000)
-
* [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
* Disconnected"

everytime I try and connect. Now, about a year ago I was able to use mIRC on this computer with this IP address but started out with this problem. At the time someone, somehow got me connected. I think we changed something in mIRC if I remember correctly but I could be wrong. Now does anyone have any suggestions for me or am I just screwed and should give up. Also as a side note, I have tried a javachat that connects with IRC and that did not work either, instead of any problem I just timed out. Thank you for any and all help.

J
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
J
I think having a script that periodly messages a channel every so often would fix this problem for me, because it always happens when i idle.
However i'm fairly new at mirc, how/where can get a script to periodly message a channel for me with a timer?

J
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
J
Originally Posted By: Jesus_On_Wheels
I think having a script that periodly messages a channel every so often would fix this problem for me, because it always happens when i idle.
However i'm fairly new at mirc, how/where can get a script to periodly message a channel for me with a timer?

frown Anyone?

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Whilst I hate replying to this topic for obvious reasons, may I suggest you search the scripts section, and look for anti idle threads.
Good luck

Last edited by Constantine; 19/01/08 11:45 AM.

Happy mIRC user on Linux
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
I have used latest mIRC, Sysreset and Invision. All of them will give
"[10053] Software caused connection abort" -error when I try to download
something from any irc channel. When download speed rises to about 100k/s
or higher, soon internet will die. (I have 2MB adsl internet connection)
This internet die problem is only fixed when the computer reboots or motherboard's
"Atheros Ethernet Utility" is used and is run SRAM -test in Diagnostic.

What is it causing this "Software caused connection abort" -error?

I have changed composition of my computer many times, but same problem is still alive.
For example, firewall from ZA to Norton and back. ADSL-modem from TW-EA201 to TW-EA501.
Hardware: Asus M2N, Athlon 64 X2 4000 --> Asus M3A, Athlon 64 X2 5200.
Memory: Kingston 2x1GB DDR2 667.

I have also used this "http://www.lvllord.de" -patch. No help from this.

I have tested my internet connection with my friend's PC. This PC can download
from irc at 200 k/s speed without internet will get disconnected. So, ADSL-modem
or internet operator is not guilty for this connection problems.
My friend's PC is: ASuS M2N-E, Athlon64 single core, Kingston 2x1GB DDR2 667,
WinXP SP2.

I have fighted this problem for many months. I haven't been able to use full speed
of my network connection.
Will this error problem occur maybe from Windows XP, dual core or irc protocol ?
Any suggestions?

C
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
C
Ok I have tried many suggestions in this topic, but none of them have worked. Here's what I'm getting:

*Connecting to irc.rizon.net (7000)
-
Please wait while we process your connection.
-
-irc.pantsuland.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-irc.pantsuland.net- *** Checking Ident
-
-irc.pantsuland.net- *** Found your hostname
-
* [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
* Disconnected

I really don't know what it could be. This problem happened so suddenly, and now I can't get on at all. I have no firewall, only AVG antivirus, no MSN, not behind a router, not running any other programs, I fixed Winsock keys, I replaced TCPIP.sys with the modified one.....what more can I do???

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
what "modified" tcpip.sys? You should never modify any system files in windows-- that's problem #1.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
C
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
C
It's the "http://www.lvllord.de" patch, which was suggested earlier in this topic. That patch modifies the TCPIP.sys file. I ran the patch, it did nothing, so I restored the original file. So essentially nothing changed, and it's still not working.

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
I have similar problems. When I download through mirc, my download speed will rapidly drop. Eventually, it will give me this 10053 error, software caused connection abort. And the next moment, my internet is being cut off till I reboot my com.
As stated in the #1 post about the different suggestions. I have done a series of test on the different suggestions.

disable winxp's firewall:
-I've disable it from the day I installed my windows. I still encounter the mirc error. It's not the cause of the error.

dont use port 6667 to connect to a network. Most networks have a range of ports, usually within 6660-6669,7000-7001 and you can specify a port with /server some.server.here:7000:
-I've tried different ports like 6697,etc. The port isn't the cause of the problem.

dont use "speed patches" that supposedly increase your download speed. (note some of them effect your registry, use speed patch as your search term)
-I've never used speed patch from day 1. It's DEFINITELY not the cause of the problem.

update your router drivers/firmware. (some have said they needed to use something other than the ones supplied by the manufacturer):
-My hardware are all updated. I even tested it with my laptop. My laptop can download without any problems. This is not a cause as well.

connect to the server's ip instead of domain (ie, /server 123.456.789.123 instead of /server some.domain.here):
-I tried it, it's still the same result. Not a cause either.

limit how many networks or other apps you are running:
-I'm running mirc only, and yet I still get that error. It's not a caused by other networks or apps.

some have the prob not while dcc sending, but when idle for long periods of time. try creating a channel and using a timer to make a post every so often.
-Definitely not a cause for mine. I never idle in mirc, always chatting,etc.

uninstall MSN IM:
-I thought this was the most ridiculous suggestion. MSN IM has not caused to this error. I tested my laptop with it, there's no error. Please remove this suggestion.

check for patches for everything from windows to the equipment you have.:
-My windows is updated to the max. As for this cause, I can't test it out. But I tested my mirc on another com using vista os. It works fine. I'm not sure if the cause is due to microsoft patch for windows xp. If it is, many will have this mirc error too.

Changing NIC card:
-I'm getting one new nic card. When I test this hardware. with my router/modem, I will tell you guys the result.

ISP??!"
Definitely not for me either. I tested my laptop with the same ISP, connection,etc. Not a cause for this error.

Sorry if I'm rude. But the fact is the suggestions doesn't work. Many others like me are stranded helplessly for months, for years. I done these tests to at least inform others of redundant solutions. I will post again when I do the NIC card test. Thanks

Last edited by syaoran87; 13/04/08 04:54 AM.
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
Originally Posted By: cardslash02
It's the "http://www.lvllord.de" patch, which was suggested earlier in this topic. That patch modifies the TCPIP.sys file. I ran the patch, it did nothing, so I restored the original file. So essentially nothing changed, and it's still not working.

Yep, it doesn't work for me either. However, I believe this tcp half connection may be the cause to the error. What this tcpip.sys file does is to open more half port connections. However, it doesn't open all like sp1. I putting this as the highest probability for the cause of this error.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You didn't sound rude to me.

However, it's understandable that you place your blame on the closest possible piece of software, but it's very important to realize that there's a very very very little chance that it's a problem with mIRC.

NONE of the suggestions are guaranteed to work as mentioned in the post itself and this is a rather complicated problem to diagnose because so many factors are involved. None of these factors, however, are mIRC. I've successfully solved 10053 by replacing my router in the past (turns out it was dying), so I personally claim that replacing routers/NIC cards are the most likely solution. Most people don't like hearing that, though.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
Originally Posted By: argv0
You didn't sound rude to me.

However, it's understandable that you place your blame on the closest possible piece of software, but it's very important to realize that there's a very very very little chance that it's a problem with mIRC.

NONE of the suggestions are guaranteed to work as mentioned in the post itself and this is a rather complicated problem to diagnose because so many factors are involved. None of these factors, however, are mIRC. I've successfully solved 10053 by replacing my router in the past (turns out it was dying), so I personally claim that replacing routers/NIC cards are the most likely solution. Most people don't like hearing that, though.

I've changed my NIC card, and I can download with mirc like a charm. Peeps, this is the solution, change your NIC card or router. This error will be gone!

T
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
T
I use a laptop and I cannot connect because I get the "Unable to connect to server (Software caused connection abort)" and I was just reading some of the advice you gave on how to fix this..I think the problem is with my router but how do I update my router drivers/firmware?

Also, what is an NIC card?

I was able to connect to some servers, but not the one I need.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
NIC card is the card that the ethernet cable connects to in your computer. Most laptops use wireless communication so you won't have a NIC card to worry about.

Updating your router drivers/firmware requires a download (if available) of updated drivers/firmware (and they can be two different downloads) for your router, and would be gotten from the manufacturer's website.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Wireless connections are prone to bad signal strength and interference-- this is usually the main cause of disconnections in the case of WLAN's even when you're close to the access point. In such a case, the disconnection usually ends up as a 10053 error because of the way the connection is dropped. You can easily rule out your router/wireless by connecting to the router via some wired connection (ethernet if you have it on the laptop). If it stops happening then you know it's the wireless and not the router. If it doesn't stop happening it can either be the NIC card in your laptop or the router. Trying a wired connection with multiple machines (with similar OS/hardware) can help to rule out your laptop's NIC card and narrow it to the router, if it is even a hardware issue.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
Hello all...
I would like to tell is, that all your suggestion above from the page 1 to last page is useless(no solution at all)...
I try everything step-by-step and the problem still exist!!
I think this happen on the user who using winXp ..WHy i say SO!?
B'coz i try at other pc at my friend house using vista or other ... and the result is good, nothing happen.. But when i installed winXp and open MIRC ...HUH ,it keep disconnect in 2 or 3 minutes saying:: ***[10053] Software Cause Connection Abort

What is the problem actually? is this an IRC client problem or our LINE problem? But i dont think this is our line problem..

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
No one knows what the actual problem is.. if someone did then a specific solution would be posted and that solution would work for everyone. This problem isn't restricted to Windows XP, as I also get it on my Windows 98, Windows ME and Windows Vista machines.

The reason there are a lot of various possible solutions posted here, is because no one has found a specific solution that works, most likely due to the generality of the error message. There is nothing in the message to indicate which piece of software caused the connection to abort, and even if it did, different people might be having this problem due to the usage of different software.

If you and/or your friend have no problems when running Vista, but do have problems when running Windows XP, then the solution for you/your friend is simple... use Vista not XP.

A
A
I started getting the Disconnection errors as soon as I started using SSL. Does anyone have any solutions to this?

(08:38:18) * [10053] Software caused connection abort
(08:38:18) * Disconnected
(08:38:23) * Connect retry #1 209.250.XXX.XX (8899)
(08:38:44) * [10053] Software caused connection abort
(08:38:44) * Disconnected
(08:38:49) * Connect retry #2 209.250.XXX.XX (8899)
(08:43:26) * [10053] Software caused connection abort
(08:43:26) * Disconnected
(08:43:31) * Connect retry #3 209.250.XXX.XX (8899)
(08:43:52) * [10053] Software caused connection abort
(08:43:52) * Disconnected
(08:43:57) * Connect retry #4 209.250.XXX.XX (8899)
(08:48:09) * [10053] Software caused connection abort
(08:48:09) * Disconnected
(08:48:14) * Connect retry #5 209.250.XXX.XX (8899)
(08:48:35) * [10053] Software caused connection abort
(08:48:35) * Disconnected
(08:48:40) * Connect retry #6 209.250.XXX.XX (8899)
(08:49:01) * [10053] Software caused connection abort
(08:49:01) * Disconnected
(08:49:06) * Connect retry #7 209.250.XXX.XX (8899)

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard