Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
Please see this thread

Due to an overzealous clicking finger during cleaning, i moved the "Cant Dcc Send" thread to connection issues. My apologies to those using the search feature for any "thread doesnt exist" probs this will cause... i'll try to track down threads with the link and edit.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
F
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
F
I also have a router and I also have problems with dcc downloading , but xdcc send does work by me so I don't mind, I don't want to mess with my router's firewall and set some ports open because of virusses and torjans etc so...
If I where you I would keep it on xdcc list from bots it is faster anyway...

P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
This was an informational thread only. We have several threads set to stay at the top of each forum answering the more commonly asked questions.

No disrespect intended, but if you were me, you wouldnt be downloading from strangers to begin with smile This thread pretty much covers my thoughts in general on random filesharing, legal or otherwise.

H
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
H
I am using a microsoft base station aka router MN-500 . I can recieve but not send dcc or initiate chat. I can dcc a file to my self though. Now I have firewall off also mcaffee firewall off, Next I have setup persistant and app triggered port forwarding to contain ports 500-5009 as well as 113 . This is also the same way i have dcc setup in mirc. Still cant dcc send or chat HELP! My identd has a tilde next to it which everyone says my 113 port is blocked. How can I fix this. Am i the only one going through this problem?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Nope, you are certainly not the only person to be suffering from that problem, in fact, it's one of the most common problems that is encountered!

However, as ParaBrat said, this thread is simply here for informational purposes and the thread it was meant for has been moved to here. Read over that thread before posting as many issues have been covered. Also click on the links ParaBrat provided in her first thread for further information.

As for IdentD problems, you may like to see this thread.

With both of the above it is suggested that you use the Search feature and search for things such as "DCC send" or "Ident" - Expand to 'All Forums' and expand the date range to 'All Posts' for best results. So many people have posted on both issues, it's likely you'll find something!

Happy chatting smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
A
well i got a problem with my dcc too on windows
but i cant really configure it out what to do...
got the same problem like this guy:

https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...amp;amp;fpart=1

but cant anyone tell me step by step how to fix this...
or give me a PM and u can look into my computer or something...

greetingsss

J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
.. When i dcc download i can only do one at a time. if i try to dcc connect again it wont connect. on top of that, my downloads range from 20-30 kb/sec and i have a dsl connection.. HELP PLEASE!!!! WHAT DO I DO?

P
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
P
file-->options-->connect--->options, click on advanced and check the box "use random ports", that will make mIRC use non-consecutive ports when creating listening sockets.

dcc speed will only go as fast as the slowest end. many factors effect that, including any limits set at isp, how much each end is doing at the same time.

C
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
C
To be able to dcc send froward all the required ports both tcp and udp. Enable DMZ for your ip if you are in a router.
Install irc and then sysreset as shown in this link.
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/fipine/mirc.html
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/fipine/sysreset.html

They are in Italian but simply follow the pictures.

In addition in the tools-options-dcc-fserve tick everything.

You do not have to configure your sysreset as if you were setting up an fserve just use it to chat as if it was a simple irc.
or just set up a silent trigger so that you do not get banned from non sharing channels.

Choose sysreset-fileserver manager-serverconfig-and on the right there is a tab where you can choose basic or advanced options. Choose advanced and on the left tick firewall walkaround. this should do it.

Maybe I did not explain well but it should be simple.

Last edited by ckramer; 11/10/04 05:04 PM.
#19616 03/05/05 08:20 AM
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Dlink:
For the DI-5xx, DI-6xx, DI-704P (revC), DI-704UP, DI-754, DI-764, DI-774, DI-784, DI-804HV, DI-808HV, and DI-824VUP, DI-704P (rev.B) and DI-707P, DI-704, DI-704P (revA), DI-707, DI-711 (revA), DI-713, and DI-713P:
http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1337

Linksys:
Linksys Knowledge Base Search for Open Ports

These are the 2 routers Ive used

#19617 29/05/05 10:48 PM
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
There's been alot of questions about ports/routers, dcc send/get's all this. I'll put in my two cents, I have extensive experience in this and below is what you *need* to have if you want a solid mirc/dcc machine. Other ways to do things falls inbetween this outline and for those that know how to handle it they do. For the rest of the world out there, if you don't do things this way, you'll be inbetween and lucky when it works and unlucky when it doesn't. If you can't get through this outline, you need to learn more, but once you do, it's easy to setup, take down, rebuild all this.

1. You must be able to set your router and machine up on a private network addressing scheme on the lan side of your router.
2. You must have a static ip on your machine and know how to have one so it works w/the local network you defined at your router.
3. You must turn off DHCP on your router and forward ports to the specific ip of your machine.
4. When you port forward, choose ports on your firewall ABOVE 5000. Give yourself a range of 10 say. -One per connection, open each to tcp/udp.
5. Match these ports specified on the router in mirc for dcc ports.
6. Do not use internet connection sharing if you have a router, you shouldn't have been using this once you got your router, if you do, it will only cause trouble.
7. Once your machine has a defined ip and you've handled the requirements there, the port forwarding on your router will pass both dcc sends and gets.
8. If your router won't let you do something- send or get, but only one, and you can't work it out, get a different router like a linksys.
9. By end once you get things setup this way it will work forever because it makes technical sense, and is the way it's 'supposed' to be setup.

For worries about speed- speed is only based on how fast the host is and one's limit on incoming data speed. Seeing one 'thing' faster than other when properly setup right, has nothing to do with mirc, dcc, or anything else. Even if it's 'looked' like this, in the end it's host speed- network congestion- physical distance from that host, etc.

For 'virus's'. Once you open ports and you do this ABOVE 1024-5000, general port scans won't find you, but any that do, this can happen with any other open port, you can't avoid this, and it's life in open ports. People that stay away from opening any ports are not helping themselves like they think. They might not punch an open hole in the firewall for this fear, but nor are they dcc'ing like they'd like to. Plus, these open ports pointing to mirc, it's only mirc responding to the port calls, so for advanced networking and hacking- somebody must have a reason to hit you, otherwise they're working on getting into a bank instead. Any virus one gets from irc, you could get the same unless you shut down completely dcc, but that's not what this thread is about. To stay away from open ports in trying to protect yourself doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the way things actually work.

DMZ- Do NOT put your machine in a DMZ simply to dcc. DMZ is to open a machine COMPLETELY to the internet connection. If you do, u just told your router to let that one specified machine work WITHOUT the routers firewall. Now you have to run a software firewall on your machine. If you can't get to getting your machine with a static ip, port forwarding and use DMZ instead, you're worse off than you started.

For the rest, this basic list of 'how' to do things is 'how' to do things. Tweaks to individual steps and criticism is already covered and answered in a static ip/router port forwarding scenario. In the end, if 'your' situation 'works' for both sends and gets, then you've accounted for everything presented here, or other. If forever you want to dcc dead-on, this is what you do. If someone can't handle all this, you need to learn more than you do, or get away with things in a haphazard way- whichever. Where others have other config's that 'work,' if done this way, it's the way things are 'supposed' to be. One site out there helps with a bunch of different router port forwarding help- www.portforward.com For networking knowledge, you need to know about private addressing, acceptable subnet settings, specifying dns and what those addresses are at your machine (and or router), and your good to go.

scav

#19618 11/08/05 01:14 PM
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
On a minor side note, from my experiences, DCC does not use UDP, so when port forwarding, you should only need to port forward your DCC ports on TCP only.

And yes, definately use a firewall, even something as simple at hte Windows XP firewall :P It definately works. Im behind a router, and that's all I use wink

#19619 21/10/05 09:13 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
3. You must turn off DHCP on your router.

Just saw this and thought for anyone who might be reading this for help, i totally disagree with this.
The pc's requiring portforwarding should be set with a static IP, you can in some routers say what number you want DHCP ips to have ie 100-200, so you set the static ones to something else, of if you cant specify a range for DHCP, you just use some high numbers 200+ as DHCP allocates from the lowest first, assuming it started at 2 its gonna need 199 machines attached before running into problems.

Any pc not requiring a static IP can continue to work with the DHCP service of the router, this means you only need alter configurations on the pc's involved in getting portforwarding, rather than having to adjust every pc.

#19620 03/01/06 02:01 AM
R
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
well can somebody help me i have a us robotics 8003 router and ive tried nearly everything for dcc sending to work with mirc but nothing works. I dont know if im doing something something wrong or if its something else but can somebody gimme some advice what happens is that usually it goes fast,or it just says connection reset by peer.can anybody help me.

#19621 03/01/06 06:57 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D

#19622 03/01/06 04:58 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You might also look at http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm for your particular Operating system (most people tend to try and skip this step).

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
#19623 19/03/06 01:20 AM
K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
I was wondering i'm having a problem with DCC sends on a random event, basically sometimes it can take up to 10 tries to get a succesful send.

What i have noticed happening is that the send will go around 1KP and always drop and just stop and the status screen will say Incomplete, then i will keep trying and it won't connect then suddendly after 10 or whatever tries it will send normal.

Has anyone experienced this or know what the cure is?

#19624 19/03/06 05:44 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
What port range do u have for dcc's ? maybe you have one of them ports blocked from sending / recivieng in your firewall / router, it keeps trying tell it chooses a different port.

#19625 19/03/06 12:05 PM
K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
Ports i use are 1034 to 1043 and the ports are open in my router, is there a way of finding out in mirc when sending or receiving files in mirc what port is actually being used, like somesort of addon script i can make/use.

#19626 20/03/06 11:09 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Code:
alias catch.dcc.send {
  if ($isid) {
    tokenize 32 $1-
    if ($1 $3 $5 $6 == -> PRIVMSG :DCC SEND) { echo -st DCC SEND .to. $3 of $7- }
    if ($1 $3 $5 $6 == <- PRIVMSG :DCC SEND) { echo -st DCC SEND from $3 of $7- }
  }
  else {
    debug -i nul catch.dcc.send
  }
}

* you well get info on .to. and from dcc's the second to last number with them is the port number, if its TO then its your port, if its FROM then its the port they want u to connect to them on.
* a good test is to dcc send yourself something, and see if the port number stays the same, if it changes its liekly your router altered it.
* numbers folloing the file name are longip port filesize

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard