mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#193122 15/01/08 08:59 AM
W
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
W
I have just become an IRCop I need to find out how to set V-Hosts. Help will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks. smile

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
since you have many ircd's you need to tell us what type you are on, and if someone gave you oper status, then that person should inform you about how to get a v-host if the server provide with one.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
W
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
W
erm it's irc.dodian.com:6667

and Mirc client.

W
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
W
help me

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
what ircd ? need to know what type of server, the host don't say much to me, is it Unreal or someone else?

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
This is a forum, not a chat room. You shouldn't expect, and certainly not demand, a fast answer.

"Your" IRC server runs UnrealIRCd, so read the UnrealIRCd documentation.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Originally Posted By: webber2k7
I have just become an IRCop I need to find out how to set V-Hosts. Help will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks. smile

How on earth do people become ircops without the basic knowledge?
Try asking other more experienced staff or yes try reading the documentation and help files that come with Unreal.

Happy mIRC user on Linux
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: Constantine

How on earth do people become ircops without the basic knowledge?
Try asking other more experienced staff or yes try reading the documentation and help files that come with Unreal.

My guess is that it's a small, new network and they don't have higher standards for the staff... they just want to try and force it to grow quickly (which of course doesn't work). I could be wrong, of course.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I can tell u this much, the v-host you want to use need to be added by someone that have the status to give you the host, and as people said before, read the manual for the ircd, and also look at unreal forum, there you can learn allot from other users, they asking questions and get answers. Often on basic stuff so i would guess u can find the v-host info there too.

Link Copied to Clipboard