mIRC Homepage
Posted By: webber2k7 V-Hosts help please. - 15/01/08 08:59 AM
I have just become an IRCop I need to find out how to set V-Hosts. Help will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks. smile
Posted By: sparta Re: V-Hosts help please. - 15/01/08 09:22 AM
since you have many ircd's you need to tell us what type you are on, and if someone gave you oper status, then that person should inform you about how to get a v-host if the server provide with one.
Posted By: webber2k7 Re: V-Hosts help please. - 15/01/08 09:26 AM
erm it's irc.dodian.com:6667

and Mirc client.
Posted By: webber2k7 Re: V-Hosts help please. - 15/01/08 09:51 AM
help me
Posted By: sparta Re: V-Hosts help please. - 15/01/08 11:12 AM
what ircd ? need to know what type of server, the host don't say much to me, is it Unreal or someone else?
Posted By: Collective Re: V-Hosts help please. - 15/01/08 11:13 AM
This is a forum, not a chat room. You shouldn't expect, and certainly not demand, a fast answer.

"Your" IRC server runs UnrealIRCd, so read the UnrealIRCd documentation.
Posted By: Constantine Re: V-Hosts help please. - 15/01/08 11:58 PM
Originally Posted By: webber2k7
I have just become an IRCop I need to find out how to set V-Hosts. Help will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks. smile

How on earth do people become ircops without the basic knowledge?
Try asking other more experienced staff or yes try reading the documentation and help files that come with Unreal.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: V-Hosts help please. - 16/01/08 01:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Constantine

How on earth do people become ircops without the basic knowledge?
Try asking other more experienced staff or yes try reading the documentation and help files that come with Unreal.

My guess is that it's a small, new network and they don't have higher standards for the staff... they just want to try and force it to grow quickly (which of course doesn't work). I could be wrong, of course.
Posted By: sparta Re: V-Hosts help please. - 17/01/08 11:15 AM
I can tell u this much, the v-host you want to use need to be added by someone that have the status to give you the host, and as people said before, read the manual for the ircd, and also look at unreal forum, there you can learn allot from other users, they asking questions and get answers. Often on basic stuff so i would guess u can find the v-host info there too.
© mIRC Discussion Forums