Print Thread
#192959 13/01/08 02:05 PM
T
Tewl Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Ok, I've searched around the forum but was unable to find an answer that resolved or at least explained why I was getting this error.

* /splay: unable to play 'C:\Users\Tewl\Music\Foo Fighters - Long Road To Ruin.mp3'

This happens with a few different files in the directory but not all of them. The files all play fine in WMP & WINAMP.

The file format is 'MPEG 1.0 Layer 3'

I have noticed only 4 files in my collection that are doing this and I do not see any similarities that might give me some hint of explaination why this would happen.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I've had certain mp3s cause problems in the past... even crashing mIRC, though I haven't had the problem in a long time and don't know which mp3s did it anymore. One thing that *may* be an issue is the ID3 tag on the files. It's possible that the tag may have some character that causes a problem. I honestly haven't looked into it, but that may be something worth checking.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Your file length is 32CHR longer, use $shortFN to bypass this within your mp3 script.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
T
Tewl Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
First off the length of the file has nothing to do with it.

Riamus I believe you are correct. I noticed that the id3 tags on the 4 files were different from all the other files.

One being v2.2.0, two being v2.4.0, and one being null

All of the others are v2.3.0

I do not know why this is an issue, if it is the problem, but i will continue looking into it and how to correct it.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
What version of mIRC are you using?

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Wasn't there an issue with mIRC playing files with UTF-8 ID3 tags? Or am I not remembering correctly.

Note: what version of mIRC are you using?

T
Tewl Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Ah, cool. I was right, there was an issue (see here), but it didn't affect playing.

Can you throw us the bitrates etc. of the mp3 files you're using, so we can see if we can reproduce ourselves?

T
Tewl Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
The two that are v2.4.0 are 340kbps, the null one is 192kbps, and the v2.2.0 is 160kbps

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I remember that i had this problem like 2 years ago or something, it was the bitrate that cosing the problem, if it's to high the song didn't play. It also had to do with if the file text got double spaces in it. Group - name<space>of<space><space>song

And it could happen when the folder the song was stored in had double spaces in the name too.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
If it had double spaces you would get a * /splay: no such file error. Not unable to play file.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
not if you use $qt() ?

but im not sure, as i wrote it was some years ago smile but it had to do with the bitrate, i believe that if you search the forum i posted something about it when i had the problem, and someone gave me the answer that it was a bitrate related problem.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Even if you use $qt() you will get the error because mIRC /commands strip multiple spaces in parameters passed to it. Try making a file called "x<2 spaces>x" and then type /run x<2 spaces>x

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I believe you smile

Link Copied to Clipboard