alias test4 {
  var %d = test | if ($dialog(%d)) { dialog -k %d }
  Load
  did -a %d 1 aaa
  did -a %d 1 bbb
  did -a %d 1 ccc
  did -a %d 1 ddd
}

alias -l load { var %d = test | if (!$dialog(%d)) { dialog -mdv %d %d } | else { dialog -ev %d %d } }
dialog test {
  title "test"
  size -1 -1 229 130
  option dbu
  combo 1, 3 104 53 50, sort size edit hsbar vsbar drop
}

after /test2 the arrow buttons to scroll through the 2 items are very small, with /test4 they are normal for the 4 items

N
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
N
What Windows theme are you using?

R
RRX Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
R
Originally Posted By: nimper2000
What Windows theme are you using?

I never came across a 'theme' setting. I guess that is for a later windows version than mine (98)?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
There are definitely themes in windows 98. He's not talking about mIRC themes, but your windows theme. I assume that if you haven't touched it you're using default... can you take a screenshot of the issue youre talking about and link to it?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
No, themes that actually changed the size/shape of buttons and such started with XP, not '98.

R
RRX Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
R
Originally Posted By: argv0
There are definitely themes in windows 98. He's not talking about mIRC themes, but your windows theme. I assume that if you haven't touched it you're using default... can you take a screenshot of the issue youre talking about and link to it?

I use windows 98 (original edition, not SE - if that matters), and I didn't saw theme settings, years ago I used XP pro for some months until I digged it and reverted back to 98, and I remember you could select a theme, it asked it at installation time.

If my typed description of the problem is not clear enough, here is a jpg with two screencap areas pasted on it:

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
In my opinion size doesn't work correct in these cases.

Just as it prevents the combo from growing bigger, it should also prevent it from growing smaller then the height specified.

$maybe
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Oh....

That issue is not a bug, but the standard way windows used to resize the height of the arrow bars to fit into the control.

You're not giving enough room to fit your hsbars with the vsbars without them getting smushed together (technical term), you simply need to make the box bigger in height, or remove the hsbars.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It would work like that normally yeah, you set the complete height for the combobox in expanded state. Wheter that is with too few or too much items.
With the size style in mIRC however you prevent it from growing bigger then the height you specify, as expected, however it does not prevent it to shrink down which when theres not enough data. Which doesn't happen in windows.

So making the height bigger has no effect in his case, he either has to choose to remove the size style which would cause the dropdown to grow (disproportional) or not support hsbar as you said.

$maybe
R
RRX Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
R
Originally Posted By: Mpdreamz

So making the height bigger has no effect in his case, he either has to choose to remove the size style which would cause the dropdown to grow (disproportional) or not support hsbar as you said.

That is indeed my problem, in the real case (the code was just to reproduce it), the combo drop contains the network names associated with the current status windows, so the amount items is not fixed, and in case only 2 I get those silly small buttons, and I consider it wrong, if it's called a code bug, a bad implementation or a lack of something, I rather do not care, it's just not logical (and weird too) to have two silly small arrow buttons for 2 items and 2 normal ones for 4 items, its as logical as having a slider that is small for a little amount items and big for a big amount, while it should be the opposite, the bigger the amount, the smaller the slider (towards a minimum to be clickable), to give more room to ...slide.

Last edited by RRX; 13/01/08 05:08 AM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The thing is that mIRC has no control over this-- it's how Windows draws its standard controls. You'd have this problem in any application you make with such a listbox. You have to redesign your UI, imho.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Mirc does have control over how the boxes are drawn. Usually you dont specify "CBS_DISABLENOSCROLL" style so you only see the scrollbars when they are needed. My bet however is that mIRC specifies this style so that scrollbars are always shown. Making that style available for us to set would help a great deal.

$maybe

Link Copied to Clipboard