Lpfix5 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
Tons of bugs

A) /window -pdh +d @mp3play -1 -1 700 230
-h is the issue while it works in prior versions of mIRC

B) Menu Items in a menu nicklist { blah blah works } but if you have some data further down it acts as a menu even though the brackets are perfectly intact

amongst other bugs posted I think they need to reverse some changes.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Your post is very vague and hard to follow.

-genius_at_work

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Yeah, we need further explanation to know exactly what you mean

L
Lpfix5 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
Sorry the echo -a thing was within the menu for some odd reason I must of accidently deleted part of the code that was in, but the /window error remains

/window -pdh +d @window -1 -1 -200 -200 would pull up the window in earlier versions and now it didnt, As per switch -h its suppose to "hide window (window only appears in Window menu)" which to me is useless there but the script should of not worked in the past if -h would of been an issue, now the update of 6.31 will/might knock down a few scripts out there.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I can't remember in which version, but i think there have been a change with -h and -w about the behavior.This is not a bug

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
The change in behaviour is related to this bug report, it's not a bug but a fix.

Quoting versions.txt:
Quote:
01/11/2007 - mIRC v6.31
(...)
8.Fixed /window -dh not hiding desktop window.
(...)

A window -[whatever]h[whatever] should never pop up when the window is created. Be it on the desctop or not - thats what I expect if I use the -h switch. It might break current scripts, that's annoying but none the less it's a legitimate correction.

Originally Posted By: Lpfix5
As per switch -h its suppose to "hide window (window only appears in Window menu)" which to me is useless there
Window commands (think of draw- or line commands, or filter) are much faster if the window is hidden.
For example: if I use custom windows to show some info, quite often I create them as hidden windows first, next I add/sort etc the data I want to show, and only then I show up the window itself.

Link Copied to Clipboard