mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Q
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Q
Yeah well Post 6.00 mIRC was actually worth using, but sorry bro, since 6.00 you've created junk, and [deleted by moderator]
Two bugs which have been continuously happening since 6.00: (using 6.01 now but didnt see it fixed in newer versions).

/url crashes the client randomly (rare and random but still irritating)
nick complete (tab) sometimes (again rare and random) ends up scrolling through last /msg's sent instead of completing a nick.

Why am I not using newer versions? because you totally screwed up with the ***'s on joins/kicks/emotes (how the [deleted by moderator] are you supposed to tell the difference IN LOGS if a /me was fake'd or not).

Time to change client I guess, not in a mood to use a *FREEWARE* IRC client filled with crap, we'll let the newbies stick to that thank you very much.

Last edited by ParaBrat; 11/04/03 11:13 AM.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Bye then. :tongue:

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you don't appreciate it, move on. Don't trash talk it. If you feel as though you need to trash talk to make yourself feel better, go right ahead--just not on the forums. Over a million, in reference to the subscribe list, enjoy using mirc. if you don't then just find another program.

In addition, if you feel as though mirc is such a "*FREEWARE* IRC client filled with crap" then make your own. 'nuff said.

-KingTomato
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Here's an idea: [deleted] off, make your own client and build it into the most popular IRC client on the Internet. Maybe then people will give a s[b][/b]hit when you whine...until then you're just a [deleted] with an ego, and therefore and not wanted.

Did you even think (supposing you have that capability) before writing this post? If mIRC was known for bugs it wouldn't have so many users...doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Mods: Yes, it's bad to abuse the censor. No, I don't care.
[moderator note: much as i agree with your sentiments, im sure you know i had to edit]

Last edited by ParaBrat; 11/04/03 11:29 AM.
R
RG_ Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
I guess that your real problem is your life - not mIRC.
Change client to confirm that.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
/url bug, never happened to me.
Nick completion bug, never happened to me.

*** - * 'bug'. Boohoo, get over it. If you really enjoy looking through your logs so much and you happen to sit in a channel where people constantly try and take advantage of this then script your own display for them.

Maybe the first two really are bugs that occur, maybe your system is just messed up. Either way, there's no way to tell unless you actually give a real bug report instead of bitching and making idle threats about changing clients. And by the way mIRC isn't freeware, it's shareware.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
FREEWARE?????? BULLSHIT its shareware with a registration fee if ur too [deleted] to tell the difference in an arguement ....... as for not being able to tell the difference ....... HEY DID YA KNOW U CAN CHANGE HOW THE LOG APPEARS ....... by editing ON ACTION events ...... if ur werent so [deleted] i wouldnt be blasting u like this but man ur not only [deleted] ..... but u didnt take the time to actually read anything ...... ur jumping to conclusions ...... if u wanna run off like a crying punk because u cant get ur way ..... hey thats cool good ridence ..... but bottom line flat out ... u wil;l not find anything as configurable and easy to use as this ....... have fun in ur endeavors to find the perfect client for u

Last edited by ParaBrat; 11/04/03 12:06 PM.

D3m0nnet.com
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Well smartass lets see you make an attempt to do better. If you don't like the mIRC client then don't use it. Simple as that. Go back to using MS Comic Crap for all we care. And last I checked the difference between shareware and freeware was that freeware didn't have any applicable fees attached and that they could be used for long periods of time; shareware does infact have an applicable fee attached and usually expires after 30 days. The mIRC client does in fact have a fee but Khaled is kind enough to let people use mIRC longer than the 30 days if the budget is fairly tight. If you are using mIRC and not considering paying the honest fee then shame on you. But as previously stated in this post and others.

You don't like it? Don't use it! and if you knock it then try making your own rather than whine about minor glitches mIRC has.

(give ole bill gates our best will ya!)

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
If you dont like the newer versions, then find an older version you do like. How's that for a solution? Personally Ive used mirc since 3.02 or so and have loved it EVEN WITH the bugs that are in it. While most of the bugs DONT affect me, I could care less. mIRC is the best IRC program Ive used and Ive used quite a few of them over the years. I wont tell you to piss off or anything like that but if you dont like the program, get a new one or write one yourself. The FEW problems I have with mirc are few, far between, and ignorable

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Well i'm sure you are just ever so proud of yourself for annoying so many ppl to the point where they cant help but indulge in name calling and insults, which i am then forced to edit regardless of how much i agree with the sentiments expressed. You see, we try to act like civilized adults here, and voice our opinions without resorting to behavior such as you exhibited. Of course, we also try to educate ourselves so we dont start spouting nonsense.

First, the obvious: if you dont like mIRC, no one is sitting at your puter forcing you to.

Second: take some time to read thru the versions txts and help file

Third: "Post 6.00 mIRC was actually worth using, but sorry bro, since 6.00 ..."
"Post" means after , in other words, by saying "post 6.00..." you are saying versions after 6.00, which means the same thing as "since 6.00" so you are contradicting yourself and making no sense

Fourth: "rare and random" doesnt come under the heading of "continuous", and most assuredly not when they dont happen to every user all the time. Apparently you arent aware that other factors can influence how any software behaves.

Fifth: mIRC is NOT freeware... and i am not at all surprised that fact escaped you, since you give no indication of being the type of person who would have paid to register it.

Sixth: if you expect everything in life to be perfect and bug free you are in for a lot of disappointment. if you feel compelled to rant and insult what is (or you perceive is)flawed, or what isnt exactly as you want, then you need to buy a ticket to reality.

I try to not lose either my patience or my temper with ppl regardless of provocation or how much they deserve it. In future, unless you can post here with common courtesy, spare us your presence. If you need instructions on how to uninstall mIRC, ask in a windows forum.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
BTW, it would be ever so thoughtful if y'all could insert your own [deleted] [censored] [bleep] on this thread . /me thanks you in advance grin

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yeah well Post 6.00 mIRC was actually worth using, but sorry bro, since 6.00 you've created junk, and [deleted by moderator]
Two bugs which have been continuously happening since 6.00: (using 6.01 now but didnt see it fixed in newer versions).

Nice flame. Come back when you have made something better. The 'it sucks' attitude belongs to toddlers not grown adults.

/url crashes the client randomly (rare and random but still irritating)

Blame the computer or it's owner but not mIRC. I have never heard of this happening to anyone. I use this quite a bit, and it has never given me any trouble at all. (I use NT4, 2000 and XP Home/Pro, 2000 Server and 2003 Server, no issues with any flavour)

Why am I not using newer versions? because you totally screwed up with the ***'s on joins/kicks/emotes (how the [deleted by moderator] are you supposed to tell the difference IN LOGS if a /me was fake'd or not).

Who cares about the stars (1 or 3). I for one edit all of them out and use defined events, as do a large percentage of other scripters who know what they are doing. The star issue is not a bug in any case, it was changed by choice. As for the faking of events, a good way to sort that out is to chat in a room that contains a more mature audience. grin

Time to change client I guess, not in a mood to use a *FREEWARE* IRC client filled with crap, we'll let the newbies stick to that thank you very much.

As was pointed out in another post, mIRC is Shareware. In my experience the freeware clients I have tried are left wanting. There is a fair few to choose from but the better clients such as mIRC and Klient (though I like mIRC better) but they don't stack up in the overall picture of reliability, ease of use, functionality and looks. That's my opinion at any rate.

In conclusion, I will repeat what was mentioned on a notice at work one day:

"If you refuse to be a part of the solution then you forfeit your right to complain - Lead or follow but don't whinge".

In short, leave out the abuse, it's obvious that you signed up here just to let off steam, as the issues you raised are upto 18 months old and if you do have a problem with something by all means explain it, but at the same time, be a man and offer your idea of improvement instead of being a blouse and sulking about it.

PS: The use of the word "continuously" is very bad grammar, try "continually" instead. :tongue:

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:

PS: The use of the word "continuously" is very bad grammar, try "continually" instead.

You forgot to say "Class Dismissed!" ROTFL :tongue:

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
He wouldn't understand lol.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Yeah you're probably right LOL ah well...

Link Copied to Clipboard