Yeah well Post 6.00 mIRC was actually worth using, but sorry bro, since 6.00 you've created junk, and [deleted by moderator]
Two bugs which have been continuously happening since 6.00: (using 6.01 now but didnt see it fixed in newer versions).

Nice flame. Come back when you have made something better. The 'it sucks' attitude belongs to toddlers not grown adults.

/url crashes the client randomly (rare and random but still irritating)

Blame the computer or it's owner but not mIRC. I have never heard of this happening to anyone. I use this quite a bit, and it has never given me any trouble at all. (I use NT4, 2000 and XP Home/Pro, 2000 Server and 2003 Server, no issues with any flavour)

Why am I not using newer versions? because you totally screwed up with the ***'s on joins/kicks/emotes (how the [deleted by moderator] are you supposed to tell the difference IN LOGS if a /me was fake'd or not).

Who cares about the stars (1 or 3). I for one edit all of them out and use defined events, as do a large percentage of other scripters who know what they are doing. The star issue is not a bug in any case, it was changed by choice. As for the faking of events, a good way to sort that out is to chat in a room that contains a more mature audience. grin

Time to change client I guess, not in a mood to use a *FREEWARE* IRC client filled with crap, we'll let the newbies stick to that thank you very much.

As was pointed out in another post, mIRC is Shareware. In my experience the freeware clients I have tried are left wanting. There is a fair few to choose from but the better clients such as mIRC and Klient (though I like mIRC better) but they don't stack up in the overall picture of reliability, ease of use, functionality and looks. That's my opinion at any rate.

In conclusion, I will repeat what was mentioned on a notice at work one day:

"If you refuse to be a part of the solution then you forfeit your right to complain - Lead or follow but don't whinge".

In short, leave out the abuse, it's obvious that you signed up here just to let off steam, as the issues you raised are upto 18 months old and if you do have a problem with something by all means explain it, but at the same time, be a man and offer your idea of improvement instead of being a blouse and sulking about it.

PS: The use of the word "continuously" is very bad grammar, try "continually" instead. :tongue: