mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#176644 12/05/07 06:49 PM
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
L
Hi, I am not 100% sure that this might or not be a actual bug or a simple problem or how mIRC does work, but when I used prior version of mIRC I never had this problem... I use to set logging for automatic filenames under this format : #Channel.NetworkName.TodayDate.log with setting the logging for 'automaticly log both(channel and private message)', 'include network', 'Date filename: By day, except status', 'Strip codes' and 'Timestamp log: [HH:nn]'.

Now, the problem is that when mIRC create the log file to start with, it creates it under '#channel.Network.TodayDate.1.log'. Then, when it seems to end normally the day, it renames minus the '.1' part but should I get disconnected (ping timeout, or computer crash, etc...) the file doesn't get renamed and I end up having from 1 to 10 files for the same day. So, my solution for short terms is to use a previous version, but I wanted to share this and hope that someone would know if this is a bug or something I will have to find a way around of.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by LewisSharp; 12/05/07 06:49 PM.

LewisSharp
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There are known issues with the new logging method and those should hopefully be fixed in the next version. You can search the forum for other posts regarding the new logging method if you want to for more information.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
OP Offline
L
Sorry about that last, I did try a search for Log but looks like it didn't give what I was looking for so I did this post. Though, I've read it all and thanks for the time and reply.

LewisSharp
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
One problem you would've run into, and we've found this out by trial and error, is the fact that the current version of UBB that's being used requires 4 or more letters in the search string for accurate results. 3 letters (or less) will, quite often, return either way more matches than you want, or will return no results found.

Link Copied to Clipboard