Hi, I am not 100% sure that this might or not be a actual bug or a simple problem or how mIRC does work, but when I used prior version of mIRC I never had this problem... I use to set logging for automatic filenames under this format : #Channel.NetworkName.TodayDate.log with setting the logging for 'automaticly log both(channel and private message)', 'include network', 'Date filename: By day, except status', 'Strip codes' and 'Timestamp log: [HH:nn]'.

Now, the problem is that when mIRC create the log file to start with, it creates it under '#channel.Network.TodayDate.1.log'. Then, when it seems to end normally the day, it renames minus the '.1' part but should I get disconnected (ping timeout, or computer crash, etc...) the file doesn't get renamed and I end up having from 1 to 10 files for the same day. So, my solution for short terms is to use a previous version, but I wanted to share this and hope that someone would know if this is a bug or something I will have to find a way around of.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by LewisSharp; 12/05/07 06:49 PM.

LewisSharp