mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
To all you OOP fans, besure to check out my post in the Developer Forum titled Java applications for mIRC - Interested?.

BTW, this new project I'm working on was insired, in part, by this thread... smile

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
I started such a project a few weeks ago and found your proposal now. Instead of inventing a new syntax in MSL I just (ab)used normal aliases. See the (actually very extensive) documentation in the script for details.

If you have any comments, feel free to post to the thread.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Originally Posted By: astigmatik
I know that this is an old topic BUT I'd just donate my two cents here and I hope Khaled will not make it Java-style if ever he adds classes. It just sucks; all the extends, implements.

LOL. The only thing I don't like about Java is that sometimes I find it annoying having to use all those "set" (mutator) and "get" (accessor) methods, thanks to the fact that there's no support for Properties like in C#; code can become a nested parenthesis mess thanks to them.

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Originally Posted By: Strider
LOL. The only thing I don't like about Java is that sometimes I find it annoying having to use all those "set" (mutator) and "get" (accessor) methods, thanks to the fact that there's no support for Properties like in C#; code can become a nested parenthesis mess thanks to them.

Using accessors and mutators is simply good OOP program, it's called encapulation. It prevents invalid or unauthorized changes to variables. Any variable could be modified from outside the class it's declared as "public" and isn't "final".

While I do not know C# (or rather, how it's different from C++), I would have to say losing encapulation isn't good OOP. wink

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
I had the same thoughts at first but after taking a quick look at C#'s properties, I realised that the mutator and the accessor are included in the property definition (the property serves both as a method and a field, in Java-speak). I can see now how this would be handy (although incorporating something like this in Java may not be pretty).

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Yeah, I really don't think it will ever be incorporated to Java.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard