Print Thread
#170201 04/02/07 06:31 PM
J
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Thanks for the help yesterday everyone smile
THe script for devoicing certain names works like a charm.
I only have one problem tho. The script was made to help prevent people from logging on to a certain username in my channel. When they enter with a certain perfix in their name it will warm the channel, warm them, and devoice them and set +m. The only problem is when the real person comes in already with a ID and ChanServ +v the script still goes off frown. Is there anyway I can halt the script if the person comes in already IDed?
Heres the current set up.
Code:
on *:JOIN:#CHAN: {
  if ( *[8_* iswm $nick ) {
    mode $chan -v $nick
    mode $chan +m
    msg $chan 0,1 $nick has been devoiced due to suspicious activity!!!
    msg $chan 0,1 $nick has been devoiced due to suspicious activity!!!
    msg $chan 0,1 $nick may not be the real user unless he/she IDed and Chanserved a VOICE!
    .notice $nick Please ID to receive a voice! If you feel this is a error please pm a op or hop
  }

Ok thats works fine doing it to anyone with "[8_" in their username. But it will still does it a person if they come in with a ID already.

Example.
Quote:

* [8_JOHN_8] has joined #CHAN
<ME> [8_JOHN_8] has been devoiced due to suspicious activity!!!
<ME> [8_JOHN_8] has been devoiced due to suspicious activity!!!
<ME> [8_JOHN_8] may not be the real user unless he/she IDed and Chanserved a VOICE!
* ChanServ sets mode: +v [8_JOHN_8]
* ME sets mode: -v [8_JOHN_8]
* ME sets mode: +m

Last edited by Justin_F; 04/02/07 06:31 PM.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Well, you could do a userlist and check vs that user list or you can use a timer (which devoices them) and if they have a valid name/password/etc and chanserv voices them, do an "on voice, if the nickname is chanserv, stop the timer" kind of script

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard