Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#154445 25/08/06 07:30 AM
W
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
W
Quote:
You people need to grow up. The buttons get smaller if your switchbar fills up. Shut up and buy a bigger monitor. Do you complain to microsoft about the taskbar button sizes? Because it's exactly the same size.
Um, that's quite rude and to be bluntly honest, your own behavior shows who really needs to grow up.

As for the bigger monitor, you pay for it and I'll be more than happy to follow that advice, otherwise stop telling other people how to spend their money.

Thank you in advance for realizing your rudeness and not making yourself look worse by posting more rude comments. smile

#154446 30/08/06 10:40 PM
T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
I just tested the automatic size changing and it actually works.
However, I like all buttons having the same size even if they could be bigger.
I'd really like to see a feature to toggle this in 6.21 - then everyone can use what he likes. smile

#154447 17/10/06 05:45 PM
X
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
X
I agree, I switched back to 6.17 purely because of this. I too think keeping it customizable as in 6.17 is the best way to go. With a lot of channels open you do realise a huge difference in the amount of space it takes both vertically and horisontally.

T
TRT Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
please bring back options to manually change the switchbar width and height frown

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It looks to me like the button sizes have returned to the size that they were in 6.17 (and earlier) now that 6.21 has been released.
In the options dialog, I have the button size set for small, and it's almost identical to what I had in 6.17 (visually on my system the difference is an extra one pixel in the width, and no difference in the height).

If Khaled did bring back the option to control the height & width of the buttons (ie: allowing you to set the number of pixels) then I was unable to locate the setting.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
This is certainly not the case, i cant compare 6.20 and 6.21 to determine if the 'width' when the bar is at the top or bottom has changed, but i can say that on 'small' the height is the same as 6.20 (larger than older versions) and the width when at top/bottom is significantly larger than the older versions.

This was actually the first thing i looked into when 6.21 was released (and again suggested the option be returned).

I guess my real confusion with it all is as to why it was removed in the first place?

I am still using 6.17 for my main client because i just couldn't get used to the significant difference in size at the time. i like the idea of the small medium and large options but the custom settings didn't really need to go did they?

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
what could be cool is an option maybe too for the buttons to be as big as the text label. so smaller named channels would have shorter buttons. especially cool if the switchbar is horizontal. not so much with the verticle orientation i guess laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard