mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#166312 09/12/06 05:26 AM
G
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
G
Developing what the Saavik256 said, that the Khaled could well place "sintax highlight" in the publisher of mIRC
Ex: as in the SSL of mIRC, to use a DLL as the Scintilla to place "sintac highlight" it would not be a good one?
"the DLL of da^hype is good, but bugs has many... frown "

And would be easy pro Khaled to make, for who creates mIRC would be papaya with açucar to create "sintax highlight"...

Khaled for the love that you have in God you place one "sintax highlight" in mIRC, it makes this for we.. wink

sorry my english and my text...

__giLsoN_maLuKO__
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I love online translations. wink

Syntax highlighting has been brought up many times. It would definitely be nice to see, but I think it will be a very large project to complete and I have a feeling it isn't at the top of Khaled's list of things to do.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
I love online translations. wink

Thats not a translator, thats Yoda speaking isnt it?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Heh... well, since it left 2 words in Spanish/Portugese, it is most likely an online translation.

Invision Support
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I don't think syntax highlighting itself would take a huge amount of time, but if he adds that he's bound to open a gateway to lots of other editor suggestions, such as; line numbers, code folding, matching/mismatching brace highlighting, etc.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Those should also be added if syntax highlighting is added.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Heh... Line numbers would be very easy to add.

Invision Support
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Hmm, doubt this will happen, but maybe the script editor could be seperated from the main code into a dll and seperated from the main mirc lisence. This would allow mirc dll developers the freedom to replace/improve on it without 'patching' the main mirc.exe and breaking LA.

Unlikely, but just a thought :s

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
I agree. Highlighting would be a great addition to the editor. Even basic things like highlighting braces, variables, and identifiers would be a great enhancement.

Personally, my solution is to use my favorite editor, and the following script I wrote:

Code:
;For people who use external editors for their mIRC
; scripts, this little script will check for when files are
; modified, and prompt to reload them.

on *:start:{ CheckReload }

alias CheckReload {
  if (!$timer(CheckReload)) .timerCheckReload -oi 0 1 if ($isalias(CheckReload)) CheckReload $chr(124) else .timerCheckReload off
  var %n = $script(0)
  while (%n > 0) {
    var %fn = $shortfn($script(%n)) 
    if ($hget(Scripts, %fn) && $file(%fn).mtime > $v1 && $input(The file $script(%n) has changed. Do you want to reload it?,y,File changed)) { reload -rs $script(%n) }
    hadd -m Scripts %fn $file(%fn).mtime
    dec %n
  }
}

It's not a perfect solution, but it gets the job done. I'd still love to see this script become useless, though.

Link Copied to Clipboard