mIRC Homepage
Posted By: giLsoN_maLuKO highlight in mIRC editor - 09/12/06 05:26 AM
Developing what the Saavik256 said, that the Khaled could well place "sintax highlight" in the publisher of mIRC
Ex: as in the SSL of mIRC, to use a DLL as the Scintilla to place "sintac highlight" it would not be a good one?
"the DLL of da^hype is good, but bugs has many... frown "

And would be easy pro Khaled to make, for who creates mIRC would be papaya with açucar to create "sintax highlight"...

Khaled for the love that you have in God you place one "sintax highlight" in mIRC, it makes this for we.. wink

sorry my english and my text...
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: highlight in mIRC editor - 09/12/06 05:05 PM
I love online translations. wink

Syntax highlighting has been brought up many times. It would definitely be nice to see, but I think it will be a very large project to complete and I have a feeling it isn't at the top of Khaled's list of things to do.
Posted By: DaveC Re: highlight in mIRC editor - 09/12/06 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
I love online translations. wink

Thats not a translator, thats Yoda speaking isnt it?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: highlight in mIRC editor - 10/12/06 12:56 AM
Heh... well, since it left 2 words in Spanish/Portugese, it is most likely an online translation.
Posted By: hixxy Re: highlight in mIRC editor - 11/12/06 10:12 AM
I don't think syntax highlighting itself would take a huge amount of time, but if he adds that he's bound to open a gateway to lots of other editor suggestions, such as; line numbers, code folding, matching/mismatching brace highlighting, etc.
Posted By: RoCk Re: highlight in mIRC editor - 11/12/06 02:17 PM
Those should also be added if syntax highlighting is added.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: highlight in mIRC editor - 11/12/06 02:26 PM
Heh... Line numbers would be very easy to add.
Posted By: Om3n Re: highlight in mIRC editor - 12/12/06 04:28 AM
Hmm, doubt this will happen, but maybe the script editor could be seperated from the main code into a dll and seperated from the main mirc lisence. This would allow mirc dll developers the freedom to replace/improve on it without 'patching' the main mirc.exe and breaking LA.

Unlikely, but just a thought :s
Posted By: SartenX Re: highlight in mIRC editor - 19/12/06 07:46 AM
I agree. Highlighting would be a great addition to the editor. Even basic things like highlighting braces, variables, and identifiers would be a great enhancement.

Personally, my solution is to use my favorite editor, and the following script I wrote:

Code:
;For people who use external editors for their mIRC
; scripts, this little script will check for when files are
; modified, and prompt to reload them.

on *:start:{ CheckReload }

alias CheckReload {
  if (!$timer(CheckReload)) .timerCheckReload -oi 0 1 if ($isalias(CheckReload)) CheckReload $chr(124) else .timerCheckReload off
  var %n = $script(0)
  while (%n > 0) {
    var %fn = $shortfn($script(%n)) 
    if ($hget(Scripts, %fn) && $file(%fn).mtime > $v1 && $input(The file $script(%n) has changed. Do you want to reload it?,y,File changed)) { reload -rs $script(%n) }
    hadd -m Scripts %fn $file(%fn).mtime
    dec %n
  }
}

It's not a perfect solution, but it gets the job done. I'd still love to see this script become useless, though.
© mIRC Discussion Forums