mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
O
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
I am looking for someone very knowlegable doing scripts and such, dialogs and everything. I am a noob at this and I find it very frustraiting. I have a lot of good ideas, I am just looking for someone that can help me out with the coding. You will be credited. Thanks!

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
Why not post your idea here so helpers would know what you want.

If you have a plastic floor runner over your tiles, then you're one Hella Pinoy!
K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
most people on here are good scripters, just post whatever you need help with, and, i'm pretty sure that someone will help you.

-Kurdish_Assass1n
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Quote:
most people on here are good scripters, just post whatever you need help with, and, i'm pretty sure that someone will help you.

Im a bad scripter

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
Whats a scripter?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Such comedians we have here! grin

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
$qt ~ A world without humor is a sad world - Jess Pierece

Code:
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Each person that has responded to this post, either directly or indirectly, is a good scripter (putting it mildly in some cases).

Your best bet, as was indicated in the very first reply, is to post your idea (or script if you have one started) and let the helpers here go at it from there. I've found that most scripts that need to be written for a post have been completed within 2 or 3 days (including any debugging that may have been necessary).

Please be as detailed as you can with your idea, as it will make the process of scripting the code easier and faster, since we'll have most (if not everything) taken care of the first time.

L
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
L
Quote:
I am looking for someone very knowlegable doing scripts and such, dialogs and everything. I am a noob at this and I find it very frustraiting. I have a lot of good ideas, I am just looking for someone that can help me out with the coding. You will be credited. Thanks!

Only you can form your ideas best. Learn to code kiddy.
edit: We wont code your script for you here but we can help fix things.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Where do you get the idea that none of the helpers would code an entire response from scratch? The closest thing that I can find to this is from New to the forums ??
Quote:
e) Realize YOU have to do work to solve the problem you are having. People here can offer ideas/suggestions/input and maybe even solve things entirely, but it's up to YOU to do the work.

Nothing there that says we won't write an entire script, just (basically) that one shouldn't presume that an entire script will be written for each request.

H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
my experince is if the scripters here think you are genuinley trying they will code scripts for you here. I am a complete noob to mIRC and i have had complete and somewhat complex scripts coded for me here which must have taken alot of time on the helpers part. so as a total noob i can say that this is the best forum i have ever been on and dont be ashamed to ask for a script if you genuinley want to learn the language and are not arrogant in asking.

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
In the beginning i didn't know anything at all, but after i posted a question here and showed what i had so far, somebody came to help and showed me step by step what everything was..
Since then i really learned allot..

In my spare time i read these forums here, just to see other possibilities for the codes i created myself..
You can't learn if you only see one code..

My advise..
Try first, then ask for help and show what you've got..

Grtzzz

To chat, or not to chat.
That's the question
O
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
alright guys, I thank all of you for your input smile

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
So... Where's your questions? lol

Code:
O
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
I don't know where to start..I have sooo many things...its frustraiting actually....bear with me..I will be posting a lot here soon...

Link Copied to Clipboard