S
Sadreck Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Hi.

This is the second time I ran into this "bug". Here it is :

As you can see, there are no channel / pm dialog names. If I change the position from RIGHT to TOP, the names are displayed normally.
The problem disappears if I close and execute again mIRC.

Thnx,

Sadreck

[EDIT : The position on the image is on the RIGHT. If I change it to TOP or BOTTOM, the problem is solved, but if I change it to LEFT,
it still exists.]

Last edited by Sadreck; 25/03/06 11:42 AM.
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
This is prolly not a mirc bug. It wasn't reported before (afaik), so it's prolly something at you. If you are using a script, unload all dlls and turn remote off (i don't think remote will be able to affect that).
Code:
//var %i = $dll(0) | while (%i) { .dll -u $dll(%i) | dec %i }

If after unloading all dlls this thing still happens, try using a fresh install of mirc, and not your script. If you are not using a script, and you are sure no dlls are loaded, then it might be a bug.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I am unable to confirm this 'bug" on any of the systems that I have. I currently have systems with mIRC 6.16 & 6.17 running on Windows 98SE, ME, XP SP2, and a Linux system (Xandros)..a total of 8 possible OS/mIRC version combinations.

If you're running some combination that I haven't tested, specify your OS & mIRC version, and I'll be happy to see if I encounter the same problem using your configuration.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
In regards to your (for lack of a better term, DLL unload code), remember that $dll(0) will be updated each time a dll is unloaded, so I would recommend using
Code:
 while $dll(0) { .dll -u $dll(1) } 
This will unload the DLL's in the same order that they were loaded.

S
Sadreck Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Hi,

I am not running any scripts, and I have mIRC v6.17. This "problem" started when I installed v6.17. In 6.16 there wasn't such a problem.

I have WindowsXP SP2. This problem appears after some time, but it happened to me only 3 times. Maybe it has something to do with my option to put mIRC in system tray on minimize. Don't really know, thought to say it though.

I remind you that I dont run ANY scripts. It's a clean installation,

Thank You,

Sadreck

Link Copied to Clipboard